OK... can we get to 5 wins in 2013?

Iowa State will be bad next year? They were 2nd to last in B12 this year? What's the dif?

also Tate went 6-11 as a RSFR berore leading Iowa to a top 10 finish as a RSSO threw just 11 passes as a RSFR, Now just how could anyone predict he would take Iowa to a Top 10 finish as a RSSO off of that playing time.

Tate never red-shirted - backup QB as a TF.

We will be in a lot of ball games with chances to win but the KF will find away to **** up and we win 3-4 games.

ISU loses 15 starters including Hawkeye slayer Jantz
as for who we lose the biggest loss on offense is Ferentz; Scherff and Donall were 2 of the best on the OL as for the OL this fall Iowa return 6 OL MEN who have starting experience vs 2 last fall
KMM is this years leading WR and will be the #1 target at WR, Smith a SO will replace Davis at WR
as for QB THERE ARE qb's all accross the country who started without taking a snap and did pretty good
Gardner for Michigan never took a snap until DRob got hurt,
Stanzi never played a minute before his RSSO year and ended up starting

ISU doesn't lose 15 starters. Heck, even the Hawkeye Slayer you referenced doesn't start.

ISU doesn't lose 15 starters. Heck, even the Hawkeye Slayer you referenced doesn't start.
Hey look Mr Message Board is back. I like how you run back to CF pointing out anything said on here that's antiISU, you little P****. What an attention who**. ISU loses a ton on Defense, including your incredible LB's. Look what happened after just Knott was out. Along with Knott, you lose 3 of 4 Dlineman, Klein, Reeves, and Givens, while losing 6 starters on Offense, including your entire receiving core. Richardson did well against two of the worst Defenses in the country at the end of the year, but it makes me wonder how Jantz or Barnett would have done against those terrible defenses (106th and 117th). However, we'll still blow it.

Next year, we'll have a first year QB taking his first-ever snaps in a live game at the collegiate level, so am not convinced our level of play at QB is going to improve.

Can next year's team get to 5 wins? Maybe. But this year's team only got to 4 with as easy a schedule as you can ever hope to get in the Big Ten. Next year, the schedule gets more difficult.

But 5 wins - let's try not to set the bar too high now.. We want to be able to meet expectations so that 2013 can be considered a success.

Hey look Mr Message Board is back. I like how you run back to CF pointing out anything said on here that's antiISU, you little P****. What an attention who**. ISU loses a ton on Defense, including your incredible LB's. Look what happened after just Knott was out. Along with Knott, you lose 3 of 4 Dlineman, Klein, Reeves, and Givens, while losing 6 starters on Offense, including your entire receiving core. Richardson did well against two of the worst Defenses in the country at the end of the year, but it makes me wonder how Jantz or Barnett would have done against those terrible defenses (106th and 117th). However, we'll still blow it.

What happened with Knott out? ISU continued to hold teams below their scoring average. One guy wasn't going to make the difference against UT that was a total meltdown.

The entire receiving corp? We're losing three guys, the best having 430 yards receiving. The other two having 768 between the two, and who have 468 between them in 9 Big 12 games.

The D-Line rotates 10 guys. They all play about equal snaps. And it's not like they played at a high level already.

What would make you think Iowa's defense will be any good next year? No offense but its' not like Richardson will be playing the 2002 Iowa defense next year in the second game. Unless there are surprises or something totally unexpected happens, where are the athletes that will put any Iowa defensive position group even at an average level? Iowa has a nonexistent pass rush and is graduating anybody in the secondary with decent coverage skills.

ISU will probably struggle next year, especially with good teams on the road. I don't think Iowa will be particularly good and it will be in Ames. I don't think a single ISU fan expects big things next year but let's not characterize what Iowa is bringing back as anything but what it is.

I said we didn't lose 15 starters, I didn't say we lost nobody. You mad.

I also don't know what you are talking about.

What happened with Knott out? ISU continued to hold teams below their scoring average. One guy wasn't going to make the difference against UT that was a total meltdown.

The entire receiving corp? We're losing three guys, the best having 430 yards receiving. The other two having 768 between the two, and who have 468 between them in 9 Big 12 games.

This year's game was one of the all time stinkers played between 2 pretty crappy teams, although ISU was less crappy. Next year looks to be more of the same as two of their league's bottom feeders will battle again.

Igot the 15 starter off of the ISU web site on their 2 deeps,
Jantz was there main QB and he was the one that led ISU to the last 2 victories, 1 a overtime victory and the last one a whopping blowout of 9-6, not exactly a dominating performance the last 2 years.
Iowa returns 8 starters on defense and 7 on Offense, with all of them replaceable, the hardest but not impossible in BF, I have already pointed out how Stanzi did in his 1st year starting without taking a snap in his RSFR year by going 7-2 as a starter, with JC going 2-2 as a starter that year,
the OL had 3 new starters on it, and it was a revolving door because of injuries along with RB's, but they did combine bfor 1451 rushing yards and 314 receiving yards and they all come back.
as for WR's the only one we lose is Davis who ended the season as the #2 receiver, who knows how he would have done with better QB play,
all the TE's return coming off the season with 53 catches and 490 yards.
we lose Hyde but there are some young players looking to step in Campbell from Florida, Gair/Morgan from TX, 4* Fleming from Illinois, Lomax from MD and then we have 4* Hill from Michigan, that's some good players to pick from.
you want speed for the DB'S hows this for a upgrade
Warfield 4.45 40
Rucker 4.46 40
Hill 4.4 40
those are all kids in the current recruiting class,
that type of speed will allow for more MAN TO MAN coverage and maybe some bump and run coverage vs a 10 yard cushion, with coaching change you need time to recruit the players to fit the changes at the speed positions.. something these people demanding immediate results.
can't or won't allow

This year's game was one of the all time stinkers played between 2 pretty crappy teams, although ISU was less crappy. Next year looks to be more of the same as two of their league's bottom feeders will battle again.

You said what I meant in 2 sentences. Well played.

Latest posts