OK... can we get to 5 wins in 2013?

ISU loses 15 starters including Hawkeye slayer Jantz
as for who we lose the biggest loss on offense is Ferentz; Scherff and Donall were 2 of the best on the OL as for the OL this fall Iowa return 6 OL MEN who have starting experience vs 2 last fall
KMM is this years leading WR and will be the #1 target at WR, Smith a SO will replace Davis at WR
as for QB THERE ARE qb's all accross the country who started without taking a snap and did pretty good
Gardner for Michigan never took a snap until DRob got hurt,
Stanzi never played a minute before his RSSO year and ended up starting

also Tate went 6-11 as a RSFR berore leading Iowa to a top 10 finish as a RSSO threw just 11 passes as a RSFR, Now just how could anyone predict he would take Iowa to a Top 10 finish as a RSSO off of that playing time.

State will suck. I assume there will be a couple other cakewalks on the schedule. Can we pick up two BIG wins?

Back to 6 or 7 in 2014.

If we have to watch that same offense again next year,i don't care; and I am pretty sure I am not alone.

If Davis feels throwing short of the marker is the way to win games Iowa doesn't stand a chance.

If Davis feels throwing short of the marker is the way to win games Iowa doesn't stand a chance.
its clear you don't watch any other FB games, nor have you ever watched NW AS THAT IS THE BIGGEST STAPLE OF THEIR offense by throwing short passes,, the biggest difference is their Receivers break it for 10 yards or more

ISU loses 15 starters including Hawkeye slayer Jantz
as for who we lose the biggest loss on offense is Ferentz; Scherff and Donall were 2 of the best on the OL as for the OL this fall Iowa return 6 OL MEN who have starting experience vs 2 last fall
KMM is this years leading WR and will be the #1 target at WR, Smith a SO will replace Davis at WR
as for QB THERE ARE qb's all accross the country who started without taking a snap and did pretty good
Gardner for Michigan never took a snap until DRob got hurt,
Stanzi never played a minute before his RSSO year and ended up starting

I think Gardner played last year didn't he?

its clear you don't watch any other FB games, nor have you ever watched NW AS THAT IS THE BIGGEST STAPLE OF THEIR offense by throwing short passes,, the biggest difference is their Receivers break it for 10 yards or more

They throw those passes on every down. Not just on 3rd down. Everyone in the stadium knows when we are going to pass and when we will run. When teams play Iowa the recievers go just past the markers every time on 3rd down and are open every time. We are the worst 3rd down team on O and D in the NCAA. Every 3rd and long was a first down this year, it seemed.

looking for my magig 8 ball.

5-novelty

I found it and the answer is: "Outlook not so good."

nobody in the BT played worth a crap, Iowa was no different. as I posted elsewhere Iowa lost 4 games by 3 points or less and 1 by 6, this team with better QB play could have been 9-3 just as easily as they were 4-8
Iwill wait to see who comes out of Spring Ball as the starting QB, before making any kind of solid prediction
ISU lose 15 starters 8 on offense and 7 on Defense
NIU lose 10 starters off their defense as well as their entire 2 deeps on the DL
Michigan loses 6 offensive starter and 5 defensive starters and their biggest Offensive weapon in DRob
Nebraska loses 4 starters on Offense and 7 on defense as well as 4 in the 2 deeps on Defense
these teams all lose more than Iowa does

This years schedule was the easiest we'll ever see... but we had JVB. So next year with a slightly tougher schedule should translate to more wins having hopefully at least an average QB.

At this point, it would be a pretty significant upset if Iowa beat NIU in the opening game. They will have their all-world, 5,000 yard QB back. Even if their coach leaves, they will still be stacked with offensive talent and possibly riding a 12 game winning streak, and out for some serious revenge on Iowa.The only 2 times that Iowa has won in Ames since 1998 were with teams that eventually finished in the Top 10 of the final AP poll.Iowa has never beaten Western Michigan and has lost their last 3 games to directional Michigan schools.

I think the team is going to be a lot better next year with some time in the weight room. I started seeing some young players show some bright spots toward the end of the year too. The O-line + running backs are definitely going to dominate next year if they can stay healthy. Which, in turn, will make any first year starting QB have a much easier time with things. The more I think about the backup QBs not seeing any PT this year I'm happy about it.. Why toss them into the sinking ship and screw w/ their timing and head for next year. I felt a little more comfortable toward the end if they were going to play though.. The young guys on the o-line started to improve quite a bit.

I still think the team goes bowling this year too if the injury bug didn't hit so hard.. Meh, that's part of the game though.. Hopefully it doesn't happen next year because we'll have very similar results w/ the lack of depth.. But damn, the o-line and Weisman were really starting to get on a roll before the injury bug. I look forward to next year more than most I guess.. Mainly because this years **** show is over with, but more so because I see a lot of young talent I think the coaches are going to turn into really good players.

I think the team is going to be a lot better next year with some time in the weight room.
Is this the first year that Iowa players are going to start lifting weights? All that weightroom work didn't seem to accomplish much the last few years. But somehow this year will be different, right? Our entire strength program has been complete dog crap since the Rhabdo incident.

nope he was a WR,

In reference to Devin Gardner not playing QB this year. You are a bumbling idiot and obviously incapable of doing a simple search. Gardner was 11-23 for 176 yards passing last year and 7-10 for 85 yards the year before. He had 1 reception for 2 yards last year. You tell me what position he played.

Last edited:
Is this the first year that Iowa players are going to start lifting weights? All that weightroom work didn't seem to accomplish much the last few years. But somehow this year will be different, right? Our entire strength program has been complete dog crap since the Rhabdo incident.

You are aware this is the youngest team Ferentz has had right? Yes, a year will do wonders for this team all around.. especially the young o-line and running backs.

You are aware this is the youngest team Ferentz has had right? Yes, a year will do wonders for this team all around.. especially the young o-line and running backs.

And we we still had a more veteran team than Indiana.. Indi frickin ana. Youth was no excuse for this mess of a year.

nobody in the BT played worth a crap, Iowa was no different. as I posted elsewhere Iowa lost 4 games by 3 points or less and 1 by 6, this team with better QB play could have been 9-3 just as easily as they were 4-8
Iwill wait to see who comes out of Spring Ball as the starting QB, before making any kind of solid prediction
ISU lose 15 starters 8 on offense and 7 on Defense
NIU lose 10 starters off their defense as well as their entire 2 deeps on the DL
Michigan loses 6 offensive starter and 5 defensive starters and their biggest Offensive weapon in DRob
Nebraska loses 4 starters on Offense and 7 on defense as well as 4 in the 2 deeps on Defense
these teams all lose more than Iowa does

The one thing I will agree with you is on the QB play. JVB was horrendous. His decision making horrible. That is on JVB..no one else.I'm tired of reading that its his WRs or OC fault for his play.It's Ferrets fault for not preparing this crucial position to contribute to the team. We won no game because of JVB. We won games despite him. The only thing he did well was hand off.
We have mediocre QB play next year, we should win 6 games.

I see only four wins, and that assumes beating Sparty in Kinnick on homecoming. Other than Missouri State, the other three OOC games are not gimmes, IMHO. I honestly don't see stealing a win at Minny.

Northern Illinois - W
Missouri State - W
at Iowa State - L
Western Michigan - W
at Minnesota - L
Michigan State - W
at Ohio State - L (huge blowout potential)
Northwestern - L
Wisconsin - L
at Purdue - L
Michigan - L (huge blowout potential)
at Nebraska - L

Last edited:
The one thing I will agree with you is on the QB play. JVB was horrendous. His decision making horrible. That is on JVB..no one else.I'm tired of reading that its his WRs or OC fault for his play.It's Ferrets fault for not preparing this crucial position to contribute to the team. We won no game because of JVB. We won games despite him. The only thing he did well was hand off.
We have mediocre QB play next year, we should win 6 games.

Man, I hope you are right. I look at our schedule and I just can't find 6 wins. (unless we really do have a "sleeper" at qb)
Best case scenario with our non-conference schedule looks to be 3-1.
That means we have to find 3 wins in the league. 2 of our most winnable games will be on the road (Minnesota and Purdue) so those will not be sure wins either.

Latest posts