Ohio State's Kyle McCord

longtimer

Hitting the Portal. Can you imagine the crap the poor kid is taking in Columbus? Probably almost as much as BF is everywhere!

Fans are wanting to go after Cam Ward from Washington State who has also entered the portal. Wonder how much that will cost Ohio State? Few million I would guess

Is that what NIL is all about??

Hitting the Portal. Can you imagine the crap the poor kid is taking in Columbus? Probably almost as much as BF is everywhere!

Fans are wanting to go after Cam Ward from Washington State who has also entered the portal. Wonder how much that will cost Ohio State? Few million I would guess

After reading the article. I feel like McCord was told he may not be the starter next year.

Didn't see that one coming. Does he have 1 or 2 more yrs to play?
I believe he was a redshirt freshman this year. Starting QB on a top flight team. Probably commanding a high amount of NIL $$ too. You have to wonder what went into his decision.

I believe he was a redshirt freshman this year. Starting QB on a top flight team. Probably commanding a high amount of NIL $$ too. You have to wonder what went into his decision.
I stand corrected. I just read that he has one year of eligibility left.

If you look at tOSU's season, they didn't dominate in their normal fashion. Wasn't it a late touchdown against the Irish that got them over, and the Penn State game was more pedestrian. Throw in a loss to Michigan, and I'm sure Bucky fans were less than thrilled with a quarterback that was less of a playmaker and more of a game manager.

I'm probably guessing you throw in competition and not having any guarantee he would be the starter or even being told the team was moving in a different direction were potentially there as well.

Ohio State had Joe Burrow riding pine so they have an embarrassment of riches in the QB room and a hard time picking one to go with. QB controversies don't just happen at places like Iowa!

Don't feel bad for McCord. He's going to make a few million bucks playing college football no matter where it is.

In two years he'll be a college graduate with no debt and 7 figures in his bank account to start life out.

Don't feel bad for McCord. He's going to make a few million bucks playing college football no matter where it is.

In two years he'll be a college graduate with no debt and 7 figures in his bank account to start life out.
Amen. It does make one wonder how this whole thing is working. I could see OSU pushing him out wanting to upgrade from him. There's just so much we don't know about how coaches are handling all this. Between pushing kids out and flat out tampering and trying to poach other kids that aren't even in the portal it's wild.

BF and his dad deserve it, not so much for McCord. McCord's stats were darn good. BF's were not. Night and Day difference between the two.

I believe he was told that OSU was going in a different direction and his services as a starting QB were no longer required.
Oh....And your NIL money from OSU has ended.

Last edited:
Where have you people been? These realities have been around for a while now. Have you ever spoken to a family member of a D1 scholarship athlete? I’d encourage you to. It’s not remotely what you think. Scholarships are semester to semester. And that includes the non-revenue sports. If a coach can upgrade a position or even their depth chart, they don’t think twice about pulling scholarships or reducing or even chasing a player out of town. Go ask a baseball parent that deal with 50+ players on a team and only 11 scholarships, transfer portal and the ncaa that is allowing kids to play as many as 8 years between covid, medical redshirts, transferring, coaching changes..you name it.

On the other side, players in basketball and football are getting most of the nil money and if they can make more or ensure a starting position, there is no loyalty. Skill positions lead the way. It’s rampant with qb’s. Nobody thinks about development. It’s play immediately or move on. It goes that way for coaches and players because there’s always someone better than you and kids also have zero patience.

It’s literally the wild west.

Ryan day told him they were getting a qb in the portal and he'd have to compete for starting job, he apparently didn't want to do that. I'm assuming all the death threats from the fans after he threw a horrible pick at the end of the mich game aren't helping.

You guys don't get it yet do you.... You enter the portal every year and look to increase your payout as you don't have to leave the school you're at but at the very least you extort a higher payout from your school. This is the game that is going to be played every off-season. It is as if free agency existed for every player every year. Their agents are having them do this. These NIL's need to have escalators and loyalty bonuses.

The big winners will be B10 and SEC and you should be looking to fill roster spots with proven college assets at this point

Rhule, Ferentz, Bielema and Dabo are probably the only guys at big time programs who legit want to build teams and develop their own guys. Let us not forget that Ohio ran Joe Burrow out of town!
I think Bert would be a solid OC hire if they put a diet and exercise clause in his contract, but there's no way you're going to get him to come home to the mothership for $1M when he's making six times that to lose ballgames in a town with lower expectations than Northwestern.

Illinois fans are totally fine with losing, it's the state of Illinois' claim to fame to be loveable losers in every sport since the 90s Bulls. Dick Butkus was the last guy who gave a shit whether Illinois won a game or not and he's pushing up daisies now.

I think Bert would be a solid OC hire if they put a diet and exercise clause in his contract, but there's no way you're going to get him to come home to the mothership for $1M when he's making six times that to lose ballgames in a town with lower expectations than Northwestern.

Illinois fans are totally fine with losing, it's the state of Illinois' claim to fame to be loveable losers in every sport since the 90s Bulls. Dick Butkus was the last guy who gave a shit whether Illinois won a game or not and he's pushing up daisies now.
Dion Thomas - ;-P

Latest posts