Ohio St suspends Tressell for 2 games

No, it doesn't surprise me at all. But will the Big Ten take any formal action? Will the NCAA do anything?

I doubt it. Schools like Ohio State, as corrupt as they are, drive the bus.

The whole thing stinks, it really does. Ohio State's boosters pay players. It has been going on for decades. The NCAA does nothing about it.

INCREDIBLE

The BIG TEN won't do a darn thing to OSU. There too terrified that OSU would leave and go independent.

This guy is the real Teflon man. His Youngstown program was an issue. Troy Smith was an issue, Maurice Clarett was an issue, Pryor and crew were issues, and the sweater vest struts around as an example of a "good guy" coach.

He'll be no doubt be coaching the key early practices before the two games he's suspended and his $250K fine will be quietly offset with an inflated performance raise at the end of the season.

There's an ongoing history of car problems, cash payments, and willful rules violations that the NCAA ignores. If anyone thinks there will be any additional penalties forthcoming they weren't watching who played in the bowl game.

We've got some Bobby Fischer-level chess going on now.......good thing Tress is such a genius - he'll be smilin' at the end.....

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it doesn't surprise me at all. But will the Big Ten take any formal action? Will the NCAA do anything?

I doubt it. Schools like Ohio State, as corrupt as they are, drive the bus.

The whole thing stinks, it really does. Ohio State's boosters pay players. It has been going on for decades. The NCAA does nothing about it.

INCREDIBLE

Ohio State cheated, so the NCAA will probably penalize Tulsa.

Lol....cry me a river. Poor Jim doesn't get to coach for 2 whole games! Seems too harsh to me. Hopefully he can afford to lose that 250k. This just stinks...

So the lesson from fulfred is "cheat to win". You heard it here first guys if Iowa wants to win a B1G championship, NC or any other championship we'd better start cheating.

notice anything about those you just mentioned??? They all win big consistently and all win NC's. Coincidence? Hmmm....

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

Did you guess which thing was not like the others?
Did you guess which thing just doesn't belong?
If you guessed this one is not like the others,
Then you're absolutely...right!

Lol....cry me a river. Poor Jim doesn't get to coach for 2 whole games! Seems too harsh to me. Hopefully he can afford to lose that 250k. This just stinks...

Just wait until the NCAA ruling comes down on this. Tressel can go job hunting with Bruce Pearl and Todd McNair.

notice anything about those you just mentioned??? They all win big consistently and all win NC's. Coincidence? Hmmm....

F U fred is a D-Bag. Ohio State, what a pathetic institution.

This cover up by high standing fOSU officials constitutes a MAJOR scandal. I agree with CC, kick fOSU out of the conference!!

Yet there are some on this site that thought Tressel is clean and runs a good clean program. Not!!

I wish I could find the thread where I stated "Tressel is no KF" or something along those lines. There where a couple that defended Tressel. You could smell a problem with this situation right away.

Last edited:
Tressel has always cheated...OSU is as dirty as they come...and if you think the NCAA will do a dammn thing you're ignorant...the NCAA found an OSU assistant indirectly paying players....and they put...wait for it...a LETTER OF REPRIMAND IN HIS FILE and called the issue resolved....smh.

Latest posts