Ogundele

His body type is a lot more Nick Ward than Aaron White ... I think it might be kind of strange to see in a Hawkeye uni.

His body type is a lot more Nick Ward than Aaron White ... I think it might be kind of strange to see in a Hawkeye uni.
I bet Fran screws this up anyway. Will probably have him be Garza's backup instead of just starting them both like a twin towers scenerio.

So, the sky isn't falling.............

Do we now have a London............England..............United Kingdom pipeline? That wouldn't be all bad.

If he brings everything Gabe Olesani brought us with maybe a bit better offense, he will contribute.

All five of this class could be redshirt candidates.

It will be fun watching this class come to Iowa City and see how they develop.

So, the sky isn't falling.............

Do we now have a London............England..............United Kingdom pipeline? That wouldn't be all bad.

giphy.gif

I bet Fran screws this up anyway. Will probably have him be Garza's backup instead of just starting them both like a twin towers scenerio.

Hopefully Nunge will put a vice grip on that position at some point. Also, Ogundele looks more like a true center with a really solid first step than a PF. In an ideal world, he'd be Tyler Cook but with better size and more comfort in the post to settle into that center spot. However, from his EYBL stats, he's an atrocious FT shooter and likely has a lot of work to do from a basketball knowledge standpoint. From his frame and obvious athleticism though, there's a heckuva lot to work with.

https://www.d1circuit.com/roster_players/32417028

I think people are delusional and making excuses if they say they preferred Ogundele over Foster. I'm glad Ogundele committed to Iowa but it still sucks that XF chose the clowns over Iowa.

Delusional? possibly. However, I dont think either Foster or Ogundele will step right in and dominate the big ten from day 1. Foster likely has a lot higher ceiling, which is why he had a higher rating.

Personally, I'm glad that Iowa has a monster big man for once. I'm getting a little sick of all these lanky finesse dudes.

I think people are delusional and making excuses if they say they preferred Ogundele over Foster. I'm glad Ogundele committed to Iowa but it still sucks that XF chose the clowns over Iowa.

I won't do the work for ya, but you won't have to look hard on this board and many other Iowa boards to see some posters that said exactly that. I wasn't one of them. I was an Xman all the way. But I admittedly don't know much about crooting!

I think he is a good get, I had a gut feel he would choose Cincinnati, but I still shake my head at not being able to cherry pick in-state talent. Guess that has been a problem over the years. Still, a pipeline to London?? Guess someone has to...........

I won't do the work for ya, but you won't have to look hard on this board and many other Iowa boards to see some posters that said exactly that. I wasn't one of them. I was an Xman all the way. But I admittedly don't know much about crooting!
I haven’t seen a whole lot of people saying that. They certainly are different. I talked about XF not living up to the hype or being a huge instant impact as a frosh. I certainly would have taking XF of the two.

I haven’t seen a whole lot of people saying that. They certainly are different. I talked about XF not living up to the hype or being a huge instant impact as a frosh. I certainly would have taking XF of the two.

I'd have taken both. Foster is clearly the better prospect at this point and anyone would have a preference for him. But Foster isn't going to be backing many people down the way Ogundele will. Similarly, Ogundele won't be blocking shots like Foster will but it will be damn near impossible to move off his spot.

Personally, I like Ogundele for the fact that we'll likely get 4 solid years from him vs Foster being gone in 1 or 2 tops. Would have been nice to have Foster, but with Ogundele in the fold I don't feel as concerned about this recruiting class. I'd put my money on at least one of Ulis and Perkins panning out with the Murray twins being a bit more of a high upside toss up. When you're talking about a recruiting class of 4 guys and guessing that there's a 50/50 chance only 1 of them will pan out though, that just feels bad. A lot worse than a 5 man class where you're pretty sure 2/5 will pan out with high upside on the rest.

Looks like a big body get which we most certainly need. Not impressed with those offers collectively at the end of his video though.

I can't see his name without thinking of Josh Oglesby as well with a little Olaseni thrown in. I'll probably just call him Josh Ogleseni because I'm old and senile.

Lol, you get the award for making me laugh. I am not too excited about this class. No four star recruits just the same ole, same ole.

There are some on this forum that if they had been in the compound in Waco would have been excited for the barbecue when they smelt the wood burning.

Last edited:

Hell there were people on the clown board already saying that kind of crap when they thought Foster was committing to Iowa, I'm sure they are eating those words now. At least people around here waited until after he committed somewhere else. But it hasn't been that bad around here.

Delusional? possibly. However, I dont think either Foster or Ogundele will step right in and dominate the big ten from day 1. Foster likely has a lot higher ceiling, which is why he had a higher rating.

Personally, I'm glad that Iowa has a monster big man for once. I'm getting a little sick of all these lanky finesse dudes.

Oh yeah, I'm still glad we got Ogundele for all the reasons you listed. But if given a choice between one or the other I'd pick Foster and it's not even close. I won't try to fool myself (or others) by saying I preferred Ogundele all along. Fran swung and missed at the star recruit of this class, hopefully we will be fine without him.

He looks interesting in he has size and some quickness. Weird shot but as a big he might be able to get it off. Needs to transform the body into muscle. Could be a nice finisher paired with Joe T.