Ogundele

InGoodCo

Pretty good get. I read a lot on this site and other sites that people would have almost preferred him over XF. A lot of people thought they wanted to play and commit together at Iowa. Maybe that wasn't the case at all? Maybe he wasn't going to Iowa if XF did .... it would appear that way with how quickly he moved on his commitment after Monday's news. He looks like a beast but is probably a project right? Definitely not another tall lanky white kid.....not sure Fran has had a commit like JO.

Jury will be out on this class for a while, but it looks (and not just by the color of their skin) to have some different types of players then we've been accustomed to. I am pretty excited about Ullis (who had a Depaul offer) - I don't know enough about The Murray twins or Perkins....but did Ogundele just save this class a little in your mind? Or nah?

This is a tremendous class, and coach McCaffery has done a great job on the recruiting trail. This class has talented recruits that will play a number of roles on this team. They will certainly be a championship level team.

Last edited:
Be careful with JO, people are going to think your talking Josh Oglesby.

I like the upside here, and at least he had a couple respectable offers. My only concern is the whole defense rim protection thing, I’m not sure he really projects as a guy that comes naturally too like XF or the Martice Mitchell kid who committed to Minny.

Guess we will have to wait and see, which is the approach we probably need to take with this class as a whole. I don’t expect much for instant contributors. I would set the over under at 2.5 redshirts and I’d probably lean over. I’m pretty down on this class overall, but if we return Wieskamp and primarily everyone else next year we don’t need a whole lot of instant contributors. We better be able to nab at least one or two in the 2021 class though to get this thing turned around as far as recruiting.

I like the upside here, and at least he had a couple respectable offers. My only concern is the whole defense rim protection thing, I’m not sure he really projects as a guy that comes naturally too like XF or the Martice Mitchell kid who committed to Minny.

Guess we will have to wait and see, which is the approach we probably need to take with this class as a whole. I don’t expect much for instant contributors. I would set the over under at 2.5 redshirts and I’d probably lean over. I’m pretty down on this class overall, but if we return Wieskamp and primarily everyone else next year we don’t need a whole lot of instant contributors. We better be able to nab at least one or two in the 2021 class though to get this thing turned around as far as recruiting.
I can't see his name without thinking of Josh Oglesby as well with a little Olaseni thrown in. I'll probably just call him Josh Ogleseni because I'm old and senile.

Pretty good get. I read a lot on this site and other sites that people would have almost preferred him over XF. A lot of people thought they wanted to play and commit together at Iowa. Maybe that wasn't the case at all? Maybe he wasn't going to Iowa if XF did .... it would appear that way with how quickly he moved on his commitment after Monday's news. He looks like a beast but is probably a project right? Definitely not another tall lanky white kid.....not sure Fran has had a commit like JO.

Jury will be out on this class for a while, but it looks (and not just by the color of their skin) to have some different types of players then we've been accustomed to. I am pretty excited about Ullis (who had a Depaul offer) - I don't know enough about The Murray twins or Perkins....but did Ogundele just save this class a little in your mind? Or nah?
Based on highlights I actually like the Perkins kid better than Ulis.

Maybe the Murray twins will turn out to be solid players. But I wouldn't have felt this is such a terrible class if they weren't part of it.

Based on highlights I actually like the Perkins kid better than Ulis.

Maybe the Murray twins will turn out to be solid players. But I wouldn't have felt this is such a terrible class if they weren't part of it.

I always thought it would have been nice if Tyler Ulis would have blown up a year later. Maybe that will be the case with his brother.

We actually could have a 1-5 in this class too.
On a serious note if the Murray’s are the real deal I’d be very intrigued about the future of our 3 & 4 positions with Pat and those two. Lanky guys who can shoot, pass, defend and run... in theory.

That last sentence about needing a star in the next class has basically been said after every years recruiting class is done. I do agree though that as long as Wieskamp comes back, we can afford to not have an instant contributor in 2020 class, but 2021 has to have that piece.

That last sentence about needing a star in the next class has basically been said after every years recruiting class is done. I do agree though that as long as Wieskamp comes back, we can afford to not have an instant contributor in 2020 class, but 2021 has to have that piece.
Well we did go:
2016: Cook (and Jbo)
2017: Garza
2018: Wieskamp
2019: It remains to be seen but so far I’ve been happy with Toussaint and Pmac. I think Pat will take maybe until next year or so but I think he can be a high quality player.

So a likely year off in 2020 but yes have to find some instant impact guys in 2021. We are in on a few, but we’ve said that before.

Yeah how many have seen this kid play? I've seen 30 seconds of him shooting and dunking by himself. I can't say I have much of an opinion yet. He's a wide bodied lefty. I think that would have complimented XF pretty well but is what it is. A lot of pressure will be on this kid I know that. Not his fault and he may not realize it being such an outsider to the state and everything but every stat of his will be compared by the fans to XFs.

Ullis and he will be tied at the hip for how the future kinda goes. Plus Toussaint. I mean he's only a true frosh. I'm not going to assume the Murray Twins will be big difference makers right away. They feel like it'll be their Jr or Sr yr before their contributing a lot. Hard telling just so early.