Oglesby Will Be Back Sunday

I think it is great to have Josh back. Worst case scenario, he comes in and plays solid defense, does NOT turn the ball over, passes very well, and hits a few key 3's, though not as many as we would like. Best case: He solves his mental block on the 3 and wins some games for us. Also, I think this will, in the long run, be good for Jok. He will have more competition for playing time; he will have to improve his defense; he will have to find multiple ways to contribute. This is NOT a knock on Jok. I really like this kid's skill set, his attitude, and he will have a great career at Iowa. Let's just not rush him. And, Josh is under valued.

Excellent, Doc

Tweet this morning from @IowaHoops giving McCaffery's take on Oglesby

Iowa Basketball ‏@IowaHoops
FM: I look at Oglesby as one of our better players. It's important we get him back. #Hawkeyes

Oglesby will average about 3 times as many minutes as Jok in Big Ten games (about 15 to 5).

Last edited:
I will admit I was quite critical of JO last season. Now that he is back I wish him the best of luck. I hope that perhaps this season he doesn't feel that he has to carry the team on his shoulders.
I hope he feels relaxed and finds his stroke.

Good luck to you, Josh.

Awesome. Rubby hands rubby hands. I can't wait for his 1 for 6 shooting performances! All kidding aside. Good to have him back. It will be interesting to see how well he does on D, especially coming off a foot injury. That's where I think he can be exposed early on. Moving & playing D on that leg. that & his stamina will dictate how much PT he gets these early stages.

People need to lay off Jok a bit. He's a freshman playing in the best conference in the nation. He's not just 18, I understand he's a really young 18 as he could have started a year later. the game will come to him. They just need to figure out his role for this year & he needs to work on his D. He'll be fine. Looks who he has to practice against on a daily basis. This is also another great luxury of having quality and athletic depth on a team. Often overlooked.

Actually he hasn't played in the big 10 yet. He has been a defensive liability against weak teams that can't play with the likes of nebby. He will be hard pressed to get min against big 10 teams. He will likely start next year but he has a lot to advance at.

Actually he hasn't played in the big 10 yet. He has been a defensive liability against weak teams that can't play with the likes of nebby. He will be hard pressed to get min against big 10 teams. He will likely start next year but he has a lot to advance at.

Well duh! Of course he hasn't played in the BIG yet. He is no different than many freshman at this point. That doesn't mean you don't try to ease him into a comfortable role his first year. A team with depth has that luxury. I'm talking minimal minutes at certain points of the game.

At this point Jok reminds me of Marble as a freshman, lacks the confidence and needs to quicken his feet on d. I'm not worried about him. As for JO, I'm glad to have him back. He can catch fire and change the momentum of a game or spark a scoring run off the bench. That's something this team will need in BIG play.

Iowa will be a better team and better for it with Oglesby back. Jok is still going to play. Jok will be asked to do a lot more next year. It's all good

Iowa will be a better team and better for it with Oglesby back. Jok is still going to play. Jok will be asked to do a lot more next year. It's all good

Today was a good sign that your guy JO has taken the next step Jon. I'm hoping the adversity that he has faced this past year and recently will give him the grit to hit the big shots. If he becomes that guy, it will be a huge difference for the team. Jok isn't ready to be that guy, but I'm thinking that the need for his talents next year with a year of experience behind him will really give him the chance to shine.

Oh Josh is back...that's just great. Did someone let the Carver maintenance people know? They will need to make sure they have plenty of that orange paint for the rim as there will now be many more bricks being thrown at them. Man, with the Olgelthree coming to town, orange paint prices go way up...supply and demand. I'm definitely long Sherman Williams.

Do you like your crow fried or grilled?

Latest posts