Officiating Tonight

It sucked! They completely changed the way they called the game from the first half. Iowa was just that much better than Maryland.

They were horribly inconsistent for both teams. Iowa seemed to get a lot of calls in the first half, and Maryland did in the second half. I doubt they had a dog in this fight, other than they sucked balls overall.

Actually Burr is a good official. On the downhill side of his career but he can definitely call. Wish we saw more of him and less of Valentine.

Refs were fine. Quit whining.

We shot it well again tonight. Why the hell couldn't we shoot like this all year?

Is it just me or is this officiating crew tonight terrible and one sided?

Felt like we got away with some fouls in the first half...definitely changed in the second half. I went back and counted and we were whistled for fouls on 9 of their first 12 possessions in the second. I suppose it evens out but it sucks when there are no calls for 10 min and then you can't breathe without a call for the next 10

Good, glad I wasn't the only one seeing it then. They sure protected Len and made sure he did what he wanted in the paint.

the refs were inconsistent. Either call a tight game (2nd half) or let them play (first half).

You can't change the way the game is called at halftime. It's not fair for both teams.
Maryland was in the bonus 4 1/2 minutes into the 2nd half... yeah.

It's not where they made any horrible calls that stick out, they were just very inconsistent.

Refs were fine. Quit whining.

We shot it well again tonight. Why the hell couldn't we shoot like this all year?

No doubt! Shooting 42% was incredible, I was also impressed with them making 33% from threes. How come they could not shoot like this all year?

I'm not whining, I'm just saying, those guys get paid good money to do these games and if they can't call a consistant at both ends of the floor and non-biased game they shouldn't be out there.

I'm not whining, I'm just saying, those guys get paid good money to do these games and if they can't call a consistant at both ends of the floor and non-biased game they shouldn't be out there.

I do not think they were biased, they just sucked. It has been bad all year.

No doubt! Shooting 42% was incredible, I was also impressed with them making 33% from threes. How come they could not shoot like this all year?

33% is better than what we normally shoot. Point is we made jumpers tonight when we had them open. That hasn't been the case all year. Our FG % was the same as usual because Len was blocking our shots down low and we weren't getting the easy layups but our jumpers were made at a much higher rate than they have been all year

33% is better than what we normally shoot. Point is we made jumpers tonight when we had them open. That hasn't been the case all year. Our FG % was the same as usual because Len was blocking our shots down low and we weren't getting the easy layups but our jumpers were made at a much higher rate than they have been all year

Yep, that extra 2% from threes made the difference.

I agree with others: inconsistent.

Does Terp-derp number 0 have his tongue in his mouth yet?

Yep, that extra 2% from threes made the difference.

If we shoot 33% from 3 point range in either Michigan State game, we are in the NCAA tournament. Quit being a ******. Our shooting of jump shots has been better lately. If we made open jumpers all year we'd be in the tournament.

Oh and we shot 17% in a 4 point loss to Indiana. 21% in a 2 OT loss against Wisconsin

So once again, yes us shooting 33% is good for us and if we did that all year we'd have more wins.....like I said early

Latest posts