Officiating Tonight

I have no problem with how fouls were called. The full 3 steps on the breakaway was kinda annoying though.

If we shoot 33% from 3 point range in either Michigan State game, we are in the NCAA tournament. Quit being a ******. Our shooting of jump shots has been better lately. If we made open jumpers all year we'd be in the tournament.

Oh and we shot 17% in a 4 point loss to Indiana. 21% in a 2 OT loss against Wisconsin

So once again, yes us shooting 33% is good for us and if we did that all year we'd have more wins.....like I said early

What do any of those games have to do with anything? Stay on topic!

Iowa won the game tonight because they made 10 more free throws than Maryland and took better care of the ball with only 6 turnovers to Marylands 16.

What do any of those games have to do with anything? Stay on topic!

Iowa won the game tonight because they made 10 more free throws than Maryland and took better care of the ball with only 6 turnovers to Marylands 16.

I never said we didn't do those things well. I just asked where all these made jumpers have been all year. It's a valid question as we were a horrible shooting team in a lot of our losses. We'd have wide open looks and miss them. Tonight we made our jumpers.

I never said we didn't do those things well. I just asked where all these made jumpers have been all year. It's a valid question as we were a horrible shooting team in a lot of our losses. We'd have wide open looks and miss them. Tonight we made our jumpers.

You are impressed with 42% shooting, I get it. Now stop flaming me!

You are impressed with 42% shooting, I get it. Now stop flaming me!

I'm impressed with us making jump shots. We were blocked 10 times you idiot. 10 times! So we shot 50% on non blocked shots.

Were you not impressed with Oleseni making a jumper, the jumpers Marble was hitting, May? Seriously? If they hit those jumpers all year we are in the dance

I'm impressed with us making jump shots. We were blocked 10 times you idiot. 10 times! So we shot 50% on non blocked shots.

Were you not impressed with Oleseni making a jumper, the jumpers Marble was hitting, May? Seriously? If they hit those jumpers all year we are in the dance

I get it, blocked shots do not count!

It is sad that Olaseni shoots with more confidence than Oglesby.

I get it, blocked shots do not count!

You are trolling. Either that or your lack of basketball knowledge is showing. We got blocked a lot in the paint. Our outside jumpers were great tonight. As good as they have been all year

Officiating in college bb is almost always bad, but tonight wasn't one-sided. The last game was a different story though.

You are trolling. Either that or your lack of basketball knowledge is showing. We got blocked a lot in the paint. Our outside jumpers were great tonight. As good as they have been all year

A missed shot is still a missed shot even if it got blocked, they did not win tonight because they shot the ball better they won because of free throws and turnovers.

Officiating is **** poor at every level of basketball. Its why I have been growing to hate the sport...love what Fran is doing, but basketball is a joke. Call it right.

Duff is probably as good as the rest of them.

Officiating is **** poor at every level of basketball. Its why I have been growing to hate the sport...love what Fran is doing, but basketball is a joke. Call it right.

Better than most.

With all due respect people feel this way because they have no ******* clue how difficult it is to officiate basketball. It's difficult because contact is expressly allowed in the rule book. Absolutely everything is a judgement call.

On virtually every whistle an official must be able to determin is the defender verticle, did he get to the spot first, who initiated the contact, was the offensive player in control, did the contact disadvantage the opposing player. All that has to be done in a split second and it has to be done up to a dozen of times each possession. A crew can get 99% of that right and still miss a call every other possession. On top of all that a good official has to also be able to manage a game. When do you let players try to play through stuff? Who can play physical without throwing cheap shots? When can you try to talk players through stuff and when should you be quick with a whistle. Then of course there is managing the two guys in the boxes.

Having officiated HS girls BB for 32 years the most important thing is to be consistent. I sure am not the greatest ref in Houston but like a couple of coaches told me(including the hs coach of the two Okgumke sisters who played for Stanford) that what I called at the start was what I called at the end. When I hear guys say lets tighten this up in the 4th quarter I just cringe.

Latest posts