Officials handed clowns the game but it does not matter

Dude, not to disrespect to Ragaini as he's a good player, but if you are relying on Ragaini to be the savior for the team, you have some team issues going on. It's not a good sign. Iowa still should not be last in offense in FBS football.

The problem is our O-line and we have a deer in headlights QB.
Can you point to where I said Ragani was the savior? I said he was better than what we're putting on the field, with the exception of Bruce. I stand by that.

Can you point to where I said Ragani was the savior? I said he was better than what we're putting on the field, with the exception of Bruce. I stand by that.

Fair enough. But, I don't think even having Johnson or Ragaini back is going to help with the systemic O issues they have going on. But, you are correct that he has experience and prob a better player. But, not sure they can get him the ball.

Fair enough. But, I don't think even having Johnson or Ragaini back is going to help with the systemic O issues they have going on. But, you are correct that he has experience and prob a better player. But, not sure they can get him the ball.
I don't disagree, our offense has a lot of problems that need to be fixed. I do think that getting even incrementally better receivers back like Ragaini (and Keagan Johnson) will be one of the pieces that we'll need. We have to hope something improves on that side of the ball this year :)

Ragaini and Johnson can't catch balls throw 3-5 feet over their head better than anybody else.

Maybe so, probably so,....heck you are right and the offense is the problem...the definitive problem.... but that 1 call cost us the game. That call gets made and Iowa wins.
I'm not trying to play devils advocate here, but I keep hearing that "that 1 call cost us the game". What is the difference between "that one call" and their two redzone TO's, one of which was on the goal line. Say we get the benefit of the doubt and get the TD we were robbed of, there is still the argument that great defensive play or not we were gifted the fumble on the goal line and the end zone pick. I guess I just see it as we got the benefit of two forced TO's that should have led to ISU scores, despite being robbed of the fumble and the ensuing replay. So while I definitely think we got screwed I tend to think that our inability to do anything offensively all day led to us losing the game and not a call that didn't get overturned.

Look back. We have recruited and signed some pretty high level receivers. However, lots of transfers, injuries have taken a big toll.
No argument that we've signed them and that injuries are a problem for everyone, but what have you seen from our offense that makes you feel confident that any receiver we are able to bring in won't transfer out. I understand NIL is going to to wreak havoc on the transfer portal on a year in basis, but so is the mass exodus of players transferring out who realize they aren't going to be that difference maker in our offense and that there going to get much more opportunities to make plays elsewhere like our two transfers who are seeing quite a few balls coming their way at Purdue.

I think the question we need to be asking is how are we bringing in high level receivers in the first place based on how we use them, rather than the effect of them transferring out or getting hurt.

Yea, but I don't care. If we win just with our defense, It's at the point it will still be unfulfilling. Yea, it was kind of fun last year with the defense and punting, but if it continues to happen it is going to be so underwhelming.
I agree with this 100%. Watching the defense and special teams win games last year IMO was awesome because in the back of my mind I somehow held out hope that the offense would come around. Now as great as the defense and punting game is I see it as nothing more than a lifeline keeping the program together while the offense continues to look worse and worse.

I'm not trying to play devils advocate here, but I keep hearing that "that 1 call cost us the game". What is the difference between "that one call" and their two redzone TO's, one of which was on the goal line. Say we get the benefit of the doubt and get the TD we were robbed of, there is still the argument that great defensive play or not we were gifted the fumble on the goal line and the end zone pick. I guess I just see it as we got the benefit of two forced TO's that should have led to ISU scores, despite being robbed of the fumble and the ensuing replay. So while I definitely think we got screwed I tend to think that our inability to do anything offensively all day led to us losing the game and not a call that didn't get overturned.
Kicker....the way I look at it is our defense made those plays on ISU.....clean plays that were not disputed. However, in terms of the touchdown not ruled a touchdown.....that was a major F up by the officials in the clowns favor. Just the one call alone...if done right....I fully believe Iowa is unbelievably 2-0 with that godawful, shitting offense.

Kicker....the way I look at it is our defense made those plays on ISU.....clean plays that were not disputed. However, in terms of the touchdown not ruled a touchdown.....that was a major F up by the officials in the clowns favor. Just the one call alone...if done right....I fully believe Iowa is unbelievably 2-0 with that godawful, shitting offense.
No I get you. It just drives me nuts that our offense is poor enough that that one possession and review was literally the only glimmer of hope we could hold on to. I guess that's where I was going when comparing it to ISU, our defense ultimately made the plays, but they put themselves in a position where they came away empty handed on multiple occasions and still found a way to get it done.

I should also have added that my while I bleed black and gold and never wish an Iowa loss especially when against ISU. The fact that we are literally that close to 2-0 while averaging 7 ppg scares me more than anything. I still feel that wins and losses are the only thing that ultimately matter to this staff and if we continue winning solely with our D and special teams (as much as it pains me to say it) things will never change.

No I get you. It just drives me nuts that our offense is poor enough that that one possession and review was literally the only glimmer of hope we could hold on to. I guess that's where I was going when comparing it to ISU, our defense ultimately made the plays, but they put themselves in a position where they came away empty handed on multiple occasions and still found a way to get it done.
I see what you are saying and I also agree...we should not have to let the officials decide the game for us...we should make our luck both ways on offense and defense.

ISU’s coaches kicked our ass. Hit easy passes early with a QB in his first big road game. Used them as their run game on early downs. Duh. He went to school in Hawarden, for God’s sake! Coaches even let the QB run even though he gained little ground. But, pay attention said the ISU coaches. No run game even attempted until late, when our D had spent the entire game on the field rushing the passer. Here comes the run game balanced with passes and a 99 yard drive. And, as we all know from experience, ISU coaches loaded the box beginning to end. They were laughing at Iowa’s coaches from the git go. Football is a simple game.

Latest posts