!*****Official 'Who In The Sam Hell Is William Jewell' Exhibition Game Thread*****!

If LittleMac decides to play basketball this year, he will get a lot of playing time

I like Conner and JBo on the floor together

ding, ding, ding, ding, ding! The offense looked pretty smooth with Connor at the point. He and JBo could turn into a pretty nice combo. However, both will likely always be just that little bit too slow of foot in the B1G on defense. But, that's an ok trade off for high powered offense.

I wasn't able to watch. Could someone give their opinion on who looked the best? Anyone surprise you? Anyone disappoint you?

I wasn't able to watch. Could someone give their opinion on who looked the best? Anyone surprise you? Anyone disappoint you?

Nunge was very very good. Garza was polished as expected. Moss was injured but came back in right away before sitting for the whole 2nd half. Baer was ineffective, kinda looked like he may have the flu?

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Moss got a little dinged up at the beginning of the game, would've liked to see more. Was pleasantly surprised that Nunge was hitting threes. Cook is still a little overly aggressive despite reports that he was working on that over the summer. Not surprised, but disappointed that our perimeter defense hasn't seemed to improved. It's just the 1st exhibition game though....

Cook and Bohannon looked good as expected

Pemsl and Kriener looked good. Pemsl is much more mobile now and shows it. Very active on D

Connor looked good handling the ball and showed some point guard skills

Nunge looked surprisingly good and Garza looked good, especially in the second half

Overall the team overcame a sluggish first half and settled down defensively in the second half. The offense really wore the Jewels down as the second half went on

D gradually looked better, but still has work to do. The team started to feel it last ten minutes. This is going to be an exciting season.....

:cool:

Nunge played the 3 the whole time I think. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts there soon. He is sooo long.

Garza is a taller, bigger version of Aaron White. Tons of hustle and always knows where to be.

Kreiner' s shot is where it left off last year. Smooth as hell.

Pemsl didn't do much but looked more athletic.

Bohannon and Cook looked like they should. Good.

Baer hardly played. Probably because McCaffery already knows exactly what he has there.

Wagner is completely fine guarding 3s and can muscle his way to the hoop against 3s. Not a bad option there.

Uhl didn't play much. He was last off the bench. Probably a good sign.

Dailey didn't do much. At one point we had a lineup of
6'6" Connor
6'7" Dailey
6'11" Nunge
6'9" Uhl
6'11" Garza

For as much as the other team scored, I'm actually more excited for the season now. I think Connor was the one missing piece.

Unfortunately, Moss got a little dinged up at the beginning of the game, would've liked to see more. Was pleasantly surprised that Nunge was hitting threes. Cook is still a little overly aggressive despite reports that he was working on that over the summer. Not surprised, but disappointed that our perimeter defense hasn't seemed to improved. It's just the 1st exhibition game though....

The passing was very good at times. Not a selfish player on the team.....

Overall success just might depend on the D

Anyone else see Nunge do an effortless reverse slam after the whistle? Man he made that look easy.

I noticed Cook too. I'm hoping he was just amped for the first game. He's still really good tho. How many players have his combination of size, power, and speed?

Latest posts