!*****Official 'Who In The Sam Hell Is William Jewell' Exhibition Game Thread*****!

I noticed Cook too. I'm hoping he was just amped for the first game. He's still really good tho. How many players have his combination of size, power, and speed?
The thing is... until he develops the 15-18ft jumper, he's not getting drafted, which will be good for Iowa I guess.

All 3 freshmen impressed in different ways.

Connor looks good at point although he couldn't hit anything from 3

Garza hustles after every rebound on both ends. He seems relentless and is fun to watch

Nunge I think hit 3 three's. Very nice stroke and he's super long. Very uthoff-ish

My play of the night:

Bohannon caught a pass from Connor on the wing and shot it almost right as he caught it and drilled the 3. I was really impressed. No wonder Fran threw out the steph curry comparison. Not sure I've seen a college kid launch so quickly after catching a pass

The thing is... until he develops the 15-18ft jumper, he's not getting drafted, which will be good for Iowa I guess.

Yep...this is exactly right. Cook won't go pro early if he's just a beast around the rim. Look at swanigan. He had to develop an outside game before he could get drafted late in the 1st round

I think cook stays all 4 years

Defense still a concern...:(

It it a bit. but, we also started the game 3-14 and missed a bunch of free throws. that allowed billy college to stick around and take the lead. but yeah, perimeter defense needs to improve. then again. at one point Billy school only had 1 guy taller than 6'3" on the floor. that's tough for 6'9" plus to guard on the perimeter.

It it a bit. but, we also started the game 3-14 and missed a bunch of free throws. that allowed billy college to stick around and take the lead. but yeah, perimeter defense needs to improve. then again. at one point Billy school only had 1 guy taller than 6'3" on the floor. that's tough for 6'9" plus to guard on the perimeter.

Also William Mary Penn Austin college played 5 guards most of the game and caused weird matchups for our bigs.

Latest posts