!*****Official Twerps @ Jekyll&Hyders Game Thread*****!

I've got nothing to do with the game and I was yelling at my TV about as bad as he was...

Not really, but I wanted to.

I think Fran is fine. If you average him out with our milquetoast bitch of a football coach you get a pretty normal coaching personality. I'd rather have Fran than the complete lack of emotion that is Ferentz.

No way KF divided by FM = Average or Normal. That would be a freak.

I love Fran and his passion but in my opinion these college officials are way too loose in what they allow the coaches to get away with. It's not just Fran, it's every coach. I thought in the Nebraska game both Fran and Miles were deserving of a T. I was at the game tonight and thought there were moments Turgeon was going to get one and Fran certainly deserved one late but I think the refs just didn't want to give it to him with under a minute.

I know ultimately it comes down to college athletics being a business with coaches making millions and officials making a couple grand per game but I just think it's a terrible example for youth and although High School isn't nearly as bad, it's certainly somewhat trickled down and I think it's a bad example for our youth.

One quick thing I want to add is that the officials game management is almost to a point it's too predictable.

At one point late in 2nd half the foul count was 10-5 and Turgeon was getting vocal and I looked at my Dad and said here come a couple foul calls on the Hawks and wouldn't you know it a trip or 2 later we have a couple quick whistles.

There were also times that Fran got hot and same thing, a possession or two later we picked up some calls.

One quick thing I want to add is that the officials game management is almost to a point it's too predictable.

At one point late in 2nd half the foul count was 10-5 and Turgeon was getting vocal and I looked at my Dad and said here come a couple foul calls on the Hawks and wouldn't you know it a trip or 2 later we have a couple quick whistles.

There were also times that Fran got hot and same thing, a possession or two later we picked up some calls.

Couldn't agree more. That's why coaches shouldn't even be allowed to talk to the refs. It's like one of the traits that makes a coach good is how well he works the officials. It's a joke that that's part of the game. Just don't allow coaches to talk to them, that way the officials can concentrate on calling what they see instead of calling what they think they need to to make things right.

After the Northwestern game I could see Iowa losing the rest, but they would of beat Maryland if they didn't have such a poor shooting night. It was good to see Wagner have a great game. They get to rest for a week.

I think Fran is fine. If you average him out with our milquetoast bitch of a football coach you get a pretty normal coaching personality. I'd rather have Fran than the complete lack of emotion that is Ferentz.

He saves his passion for contract negotiations. It all gets released inside a locked room with many expensive leather chairs and even more expensive lawyers.

I wouldn't put the loss on fouls. We got more chances at the line than them. Speaking of which Iowa needs to do better at crunch time. But we didn't lose because of our free throw shooting either. We lost because MD always had an answer to our come-back and it usually included a 3 point shot. Next year Iowa will win a game like this one. This year will be about growing. But Fran will be feeling some heat a year from now as he won't have the youth excuse. Next season should be a bounce back year.

Latest posts