****OFFICIAL Transfer/Leaving-early-for-the-NFL Tracking Thread****

I did managed to squirrel out one of @Fryowa alternate screen names.

Fair enough.
If your grad school was wasting your time with "when to call someone the worst thing you can come up with"....get for a refund.
I didn't go to grad school.

Not needed in the fast food industry.

3f09306ccb4690e44057ec25306f3a07.gif

Maybe if you've looked at any Hawkeye website or media you'd see that he's said he's applying for one and will likely get it.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the conference representatives can still vote "no" on a medical red shirt even if a player clearly qualifies. The NCAA overturns only when the decision absolutely runs against guidelines, and rarely so at that.

This is just my gut feeling, but I get the impression that a number of Iowa's competitors will vote self-interest every time, with absolutely no sympathy for the player, if they think they have any cover to do so. In other words, if Mends leaves, it removes some of the motivation within the conference to deny him a medical red shirt.

To bring this thread back on topic, there were rumblings of Trey Creamer leaving around the time Josh Turner announced his decision, however nothing has surfaced. I really hope that's not the case, as he's a guy I had high hopes for. I think he can challenge any of the current top 4 at CB for a spot.

Soooooo . . . you seem to fit the definition of an insider. Tell us more???

Soooooo . . . you seem to fit the definition of an insider. Tell us more???
Not quite no haha. I just try to soak up any Hawkeye related info I can get my hands on. Credit for that one actually goes to Blair Sanderson on the Rivals board.

Add Hooker to the list.
Fryowa said Jake Newborg is gone. I think he had offers from Iowa/Minnesota/Northwestern when he signed with us. Anyone have info regarding his departure??

Creamer is transferring. Newborg was recognized at Senior Day despite having one year of eligibility left (meaning he is done at Iowa and probably with football altogether). Blair Brooks also announced today that he is transferring to Iowa Western.

Willie O'Hara is transferring TO Iowa from IW.

The vacating Iowa City train got off to an earlier start than normal this year

Fant - NFL
Kyshaun Bryan - transfer
Josh Turner - transfer
Aaron Mends - transfer
Trey Creamer - transfer
Jake Newborg - ??
Amani Hooker - NFL

Feel free to add whoever I've missed

You need to put a bullshit alert on this thread and tell people to skip past the first two pages and most of the third page. This thread takes the usual forum crap to a new low.

Added a name to the list. I'm seeing some panic among my fellow Hawkeyes. I'm a gigantic recruiting nerd. Let me try and reassure some of you.
From my cursory observation from 2006-2015 Iowa had a common theme. Approx. 20% of each class held offers equal to or superior to Iowa. In 2016 (remember Rob's thread on how productive that class has been?) and 2017 approx. 33% of the class held offers equal to or superior to Iowa. In 2018 and 2019 approx. 50% of those classes held offers equal to or superior to Iowa.
Recruiting has radically improved starting with the 2016 class. The future is bright fellow fans. Just need to make sure we get guys who won the genetic lottery into a starters role for multiple years. Fant/Epenesa will leave Iowa with 2 years cumulative starting experience. While Dillon Doyle and Kirk's sons each got more years than that as individuals. Admittedly I'm guessing on Doyle.

He still dragging this out? I haven't heard if he's announced anything yet.
It doesn't sound like he has. I've heard from people "with sources" that he's leaving...and staying. The longer he takes (he has until Monday, I think) the more stories will grow/change/be made up.

Haven't added TJ yet. But GJ was just added to my OP (thanx to RH). His story offers a tiny window into my thinking regarding Mends. We're up to 10 so far.

The vacating Iowa City train got off to an earlier start than normal this year

Fant - NFL
A. Nelson - NFL
Kyshaun Bryan - transfer
Josh Turner - transfer
Aaron Mends - transfer
Garrett Jansen - grad transfer
Trey Creamer - transfer
Jake Newborg - early retirement
Amani Hooker - NFL
Blair Brooks - transfer to IWCC

Feel free to add whoever I've missed
Good topic and and strong post.

I might suggest you add coaches to this list under a separate heading ;)

Latest posts