!*****Official 'The Other Tigers From The Swamp Visit The Hawk's Nest' Game Thread*****!

Well he's tried to recruit a number of point guards, but just hasn't had any success in landing them. Hopefully that can change in the future.

Yes and no. He loves the big wing guard/forwards and "over-recruits" that model at the expense of smaller ball-handlers.

I think this is one of the last games we're gonna see the whole sale, 5 in 5 out rotation. GS made their run on the 2nd team, Fran sat Moss and Cook wayyy too long - he inserted the starting line up back in with Nunge and Iowa almost immediately extended the score by double digits. In my opinion, if you're looking to panic over this game, I'd hold the breaks. I would hope that the rotation will shrink going against better teams. Without McCaffery and Baer, it does tie Fran's hands a little. I would like to see the main line up become - JB, MOSS, NUNGE, GARZA and COOK. Those 5 should see the floor the bulk of the time, and we should NEVER have them all out of the game at once. My biggest concern at this point is Connor's health.

Last edited:
It is obvious guard depth is lacking and it was before Williams departure. It will be much better when McCaffery and Baer are healthy but until then we have to get used to seeing Ellingson at the point for a stretch during the game. We need to be sure during that time we have moss, cook and Garza on the court with him to take some of the pressure off him.

Garza and Nunge have really impressed me. Both don't play like freshman and seem to have an edge to them. Plus it's great to see a center who can finish close to the rim.

Our PG had 7 assists and 1 turn over last night. We do need a better back up however, ours is currently sick.

lmao...smh.

Some of you will battle to the grave that JB is a good PG. We may have the best combination of post players I've ever seen at Iowa yet its doubtful they are gonna win 20 games.

lmao...smh.

Some of you will battle to the grave that JB is a good PG. We may have the best combination of post players I've ever seen at Iowa yet its doubtful they are gonna win 20 games.

It's not doubtful they are gonna win 20 games? Where do you get that? I'll place any amount of money you'd like to wager that Iowa wins 20 games this season.

lmao...smh.

Also, what exactly has Jordan done that shows he's not a good PG? I'll hang up and listen.

Also, what exactly has Jordan done that shows he's not a good PG? I'll hang up and listen.

I like me some JBo, but if I'm nitpicking, he is reckless and out of control when he tries to drive it to the basket. Saw it a few times last night. The good PG's can take the ball hard to the basket, under control, and either lay it in over big post players, or draw defenders and dish it off.

Its just not a strength of his that I'd like to see in a true PG.

This just my opinion
I like me some JBo, but if I'm nitpicking, he is reckless and out of control when he tries to drive it to the basket. Saw it a few times last night. The good PG's can take the ball hard to the basket, under control, and either lay it in over big post players, or draw defenders and dish it off.

Its just not a strength of his that I'd like to see in a true PG.

I get that he isn't a penetrating PG, I really do. And I am not going to defend Jordan tooth and nail. He's not a slasher...but how reckless and out of control can a PG be that's averaging over 6 assists and less then a turnover a game so far?

I think this is more of a recent phenomenon. I hope he hasn't been speaking with Gesell lately.

It has seemed more this season then last. You can tell that he's been trying to work on that part of his game. I can't blame him for trying it in these easier games. This is time to see if you can do it IMO.

This just my opinion

I get that he isn't a penetrating PG, I really do. And I am not going to defend Jordan tooth and nail. He's not a slasher...but how reckless and out of control can a PG be that's averaging over 6 assists and less then a turnover a game so far?

A lot of his assists come from the transition game and just from having the ball in his hands a high percentage of the time. I'm not trying to say they're fluke assists. He's very secure with the ball and he's very smart with the ball.

Like @tksirius said...it seems to be a new thing. JBo even said he's been working on his drive game in the offseason. From what I've seen so far though, it needs a lot more work