!*****Official 'The Other Tigers From The Swamp Visit The Hawk's Nest' Game Thread*****!

Yeah, I was hoping he was working on driving to either pass to open shooter or shoot it himself from 10-15 ft, not take it to the rim.

oh yeah... that one drive last night where it got swatted back in his face DID remind me of Mike G. IMO Jordan looks quicker this season, but don't tell anyone I said that.

A lot of his assists come from the transition game and just from having the ball in his hands a high percentage of the time. I'm not trying to say they're fluke assists. He's very secure with the ball and he's very smart with the ball.

Like @tksirius said...it seems to be a new thing. JBo even said he's been working on his drive game in the offseason. From what I've seen so far though, it needs a lot more work

agree, it's not his game, he's working on it and will continue to. A poster on here said that he wishes Iowa had at least a decent PG. I aint letting that fly :)

Two freshmen coming in with some skills, length, shooting ability...and able to supplant quality players from last year bodes well at this point.

Milwaukee Bucks transitioned to a team with a PG in trading for Bledsoe...team was similar to Iowa with length and talent but without a high quality PG...team is clicking now...the straw is stirring the drink.

Iowa needs a straw, elite PG, to move on up...

Baer out is a big loss...also an "experienced" backup PG on the sick list...last night was a shadow of what Iowa might be...IMHO

Depending on Ellingson to be your PG for extended minutes is a death spiral...JB is pretty functional at PG when healthy...but like Brogdon of the Bucks...replaced by Bledsoe...he is better now not having to be the "depend upon" PG...more fitting as a sub and off guard...win/win...

When we start playing actual BB teams...watch for opponents to attack, relentlessly, the PG position...to wear it out...

OK...if that is your point...haven't checked out the schedule closely since it won't be broadcast...

If you want them to be formidable...well, OK...

I'm sure Connor is a pretty good player, but I don't think he is good enough to miss four or five weeks as a freshman and expect to see a lot of minutes.

I'm sure Connor is a pretty good player, but I don't think he is good enough to miss four or five weeks as a freshman and expect to see a lot of minutes.

Yeah, it's not ideal at all - he needs these first few weeks more then anyone. I still think he plays and contributes for that backup PG roll. Once we start playing teams with a pulse, Jordan's minutes will be mid 30's

Maybe it's smarter to do the baseball thing this year instead of basketball...

I can see that line of thinking and it might better for him...but for the team, which Fran needs to absolutely take into consideration as well... it's more dire now IMO then before the season when they decided to pull the shirt. You can see the need for another guard drastically more now then we did before the games started. IMO, he's still gonna play.

Santa...send elite PG for a mid-season transfer...someone who has already graduated...and needs a place to play...

Thank You

Santa...send elite PG for a mid-season transfer...someone who has already graduated...and needs a place to play...

Thank You

Lol - even santa can't make that happen and he's gotta lot pull...There are probably less then 10 "Elite" PG's in the country. We definitely could use a back up PG tho, we have one - he's sick... otherwise we return an ALL B1G player at the position and he's been playing great so far.

Perhaps an unknown PG talent who is already on campus...feels the urge to give it a try, after a solid HS career but no offers...diamond in the rough...perhaps a Ronnie Lester type...A story to make a movie about...from the place where Dreams Come True...

If we had an elite point guard we would be a top 3 team in the nation. There is a huge window between a top 3 team and Fran sucks.

As far as Bohannon goes, his strengths are exactly what this team needs to succeed. We don't want a point guard that drives the lane. We want a point guard who is good at feeding posts and spreading the floor with shooting. Ideally we would want a better defender. But as far as offense goes, Bohannon is exactly what this team needs.

Perhaps Iowa's system isn't a good fit for an elite, penetrating, PG...and perhaps such recruits are aware of this.

End up like the Wide Receivers in the Kirk football system...blocking, as PGs with Fran primarily lob the ball into the big guys.

Also, what exactly has Jordan done that shows he's not a good PG? I'll hang up and listen.

He cannot create his own shot or create opportunities for his team mates off the dribble. Defensively he is horrible, he cannot stop the opposing teams point dribble drive by himself. The fact that he doesn't turn the ball over is nice but it also means he doesn't take any chances. So if what you want at the PG is just someone that doesn't hurt you JB is your man. This stuff doesn't show up in the stats sheet so keep telling me how great he is by telling me how many assists he has.