Official Release on Ingram Transferring/My thoughts

David Palmer was always on Lick's "Treat like Dirt" list. As I recall, he scored 20 points in each of the two games where he got significant minutes.

I don't think anyone wants Palmer's opinion on Lickliter. Would not be pretty.

People toss out Lick-era aspersions like the team was a bunch of eight-year-olds, and throw real critical thinking out the window.

Cyrus Tate, Aaron Fuller and Jarryd Cole were all significantly better than David Palmer. Kurt Looby and Seth Gorney were better too.

Big Dave got ten minutes per his senior year. That was about right.

Palmer scored double-digits in 26 of his 29 games at Northern Kentucky. Put up almost 40 in one game.
He is currently averaging almost 20 ppg over in Asia playing professional ball.

He was a solid player, but there was a riff between the coach and him.
I hate the "the coach doesn't like me" argument, but in this case it was absolutely true and hindered his development at Iowa.

Palmer scored points way to fast for Lick to play him. Just one of the very curious decisions Lick made to go along with zero personality and ability to keep what players he did have happy.

Palmer scored double-digits in 26 of his 29 games at Northern Kentucky. Put up almost 40 in one game.

I hate the "the coach doesn't like me" argument, but in this case it was absolutely true and hindered his development at Iowa.

Lick hindered the development of a lot of Iowa players.......except for the ones who transferred out.

Of course he put up numbers at Northern Kentucky. NKU was D-II when he played there. That's the same level as Upper Iowa and Augustana. If he didn't put up double figures, that would have been surprising.

He's putting up 20 on the worst team (Saigon Heat) in the youngest and weakest Asian league (the ABL). The league is littered with low-major and DII guys like Dave. It's not like he's doing it in China.

Look, did Palmer get a bad shake from Lick? Almost definitely. Was he so good as to push Looby, Gorney, Tate, Cole and Fuller out of heavy rotation? I never saw it. He had four good games. I appreciated it, and then I moved on.

Of course he put up numbers at Northern Kentucky. NKU was D-II when he played there. That's the same level as Upper Iowa and Augustana. If he didn't put up double figures, that would have been surprising.

He's putting up 20 on the worst team (Saigon Heat) in the youngest and weakest Asian league (the ABL). The league is littered with low-major and DII guys like Dave. It's not like he's doing it in China.

Look, did Palmer get a bad shake from Lick? Almost definitely. Was he so good as to push Looby, Gorney, Tate, Cole and Fuller out of heavy rotation? I never saw it. He had four good games. I appreciated it, and then I moved on.

Who goes to watch basketball in Saigon? Is it really popular to support a professional franchise? Seems like it would rank rather low on the list of cultural luxuries there, but what do I know?

Who goes to watch basketball in Saigon? Is it really popular to support a professional franchise? Seems like it would rank rather low on the list of cultural luxuries there, but what do I know?

Not many, apparently. They play in an arena the size of the Coe College gym.

According to ESPN we ared considering 5 PGs, and we have offered 3. But I am sure there are others...

I know of five offers:

Dominique Collier (committed to Colorado)
Tyler Ulis
Lourawls Nairn
Larry Austin
Darrell Davis - combo guard

I'm not sure if Davis's is commitable at this point, but the offer has been reported.

I'm not arguing he was an NBA caliber player.
But with what Iowa had for talent on that team, he certainly deserved more PT.

Well, you should all just be thankful that TL was sharp enough to recognize the fountain of talent that was John Lickliter.

Latest posts