***Official Outback Bowl Game Thread***

I wonder if Outback has some hor dourves set up in the locker room at half? Couple of coconut shrimp and a virgin mai tai might do Greg Davis some good!

Strange 1st half offense by Iowa. Plenty of time to snuff the Tigers....bait set. LSU all cocky - they stuffed our dangerous down field passing attack. Tiger bait. Change shoes to spikes at halftime and come out in three tight end power sets and run it down their throats ala Alabama. Play action power game...get em on their heels. LSU QB is a turnover waiting to happen. Go Hawks!!
Well that's one take.

Am I the only one who took Ferentz's comment about "being who we are" to be a criticism of Davis? I mean, I would hardly call that first half play calling vintage Iowa. If that's what he meant, I agree. Prove to me that running won't work. Stop pretending iowa has a passing game.

LSU's time of posession is roughly 2:1. Does not bode well.

atleast Hawks receive to start 2nd half.

Well good luck to you all the rest of the game. Our defense has been ok since that first series but our offense is terrible. When the play has been there Jake has choked. Manley's fumble really hurt us. I got to head off to work. It sucks to be an Essential Government employee.

This is a poorly schemed effort against a superior opponent. Greg Davis remains a mystery, iowa d is good, Rudock looks terrible and strangely unenthusiastic. Iowa WR corps is completely terrible no surprise there. Run was abandoned well before it should have been. Offense gets an F, what else is new.
Are you blind. The last 3 series of the half were RRPP...

Am I the only one who took Ferentz's comment about "being who we are" to be a criticism of Davis? I mean, I would hardly call that first half play calling vintage Iowa. If that's what he meant, I agree. Prove to me that running won't work.

I didn't read anything into it. Iowa has to beat these guys up front to have a chance. No way we're going to beat them downfield or on the edges. So far nothing looks good.

Team Stat Comparison

IOWALSU
1st Downs38
3rd down efficiency1-96-12
4th down efficiency0-00-0
Total Yards73166
Passing5849
Comp-Att6-155-13
Yards per pass3.93.8
Rushing15117
Rushing Attempts1628
Yards per rush0.94.2
Penalties2-103-36
Turnovers20
Fumbles lost10
Interceptions thrown10
Possession10:5319:07
By the stats Iowa is getting pwned 35-0.

Moral Victory!!!!!!!!

Latest posts