!*****Official 'Meeting Of The Irish Tempers' Game Thread*****!

Glad Andrew Francis scouting report was so spot on. Rutgers 60% shooting in the second half and ONLY for the 4th time this season did Rutgers shoot OVER 50%. If that's not more proof the coaches don't know SH** from shinola when it comes to coaching defense I don't know what does.

10 minutes without a fg.

30% shooting.
Yeah pretty pathetic isn't it...what a joke I'm out on Fran...sorry this team may lose its last 6 in a row....good job Fran no idea how anyone can be that bad at coaching at the end of every season.

We could win at Nebraska, but they said it was a 38 game losing streak against top 25 broken by Rutgers, congratulations Hawks! You made it happen.

Good point Pikell's backcourt is so much better than ours....yet Rutgers has been dog meat in the conference forever....again shows you how bad Fran is at recruiting.

Defense is now optional, are other teams just making shots they were missing earlier in the season or has our D got worse?

Aleem Ford is already licking his chops. He will be the next MIA player to light us up for about 25.

Or Charles Thomas.

Last edited:
Good point Pikell's backcourt is so much better than ours....yet Rutgers has been dog meat in the conference forever....again shows you how bad Fran is at recruiting.
His front court isn't bad either. They seem to run about seven behemoths at you in endless waves.

His front court isn't bad either. They seem to run about seven behemoths at you in endless waves.
You would think the counter would be pass down low get fouled once they have to 2x kick to open guy. They can't run waves at your guards if you counter correctly.

Moss and Wiescamp were a no-show, the post players never got the ball, and the D was shit. As bad a loss as I've ever see. This Rutgers team will make a run in the Big Tourney. They are the team I wish we had, athletic and strong, play defense like they care. Feel like shit right now. Cook is good but it starts with him, no D. I just can't see how a player with his skills is so bad on the basics. Iowa's whole scheme on defense is just not compatible with their talent. I need to stop ruining my Saturday and let this go.

Moss and Wiescamp were a no-show, the post players never got the ball, and the D was shit. As bad a loss as I've ever see. This Rutgers team will make a run in the Big Tourney. They are the team I wish we had, athletic and strong, play defense like they care. Feel like shit right now. Cook is good but it starts with him, no D. I just can't see how a player with his skills is so bad on the basics. Iowa's whole scheme on defense is just not compatible with their talent. I need to stop ruining my Saturday and let this go.
12 assists today. Half court offense looked out sorts from the first possession.

Worst home loss since possibly Campbell in 2011.

We lose out and lose first game of the tourney. I can’t say for certain we’re in.
I almost hope they do lose out and end up in the NIT.....almost. If that gets rid of Fran....I’m all for it.

I still think they need to win one more to avoid a first round NCAA game.

12 assists today. Half court offense looked out sorts from the first possession.

Worst home loss since possibly Campbell in 2011.
I'm ok with the offense struggling, it's March, teams are fighting for survival, what scares me is the ease in which teams have been scoring against us. We are looking slow and always out of position. Teams are rebounding against us as we are out of position. We end up with undersized guys trying to block-out bigger post players. If we could ever get a lead we could work our post game but lately we are playing from behind. Sad thing is we had top recruits at this game. Wonder what they thought?

I almost hope they do lose out and end up in the NIT.....almost. If that gets rid of Fran....I’m all for it.

I still think they need to win one more to avoid a first round NCAA game.

If they make NIT he would get the Barta deal!
You know , the Mediocrity package where big bonus, life long contracts, family scholarships and the big middle finger to the fan base package! Oh yeah, already got that package...you just keep doubling down on them and extend that payment out for endless terms! But that middle finger just gets keeping taller and bigger.

We could win at Nebraska, but they said it was a 38 game losing streak against top 25 broken by Rutgers, congratulations Hawks! You made it happen.
The RUTgers didn’t want Maryland and Turgeon to be the only ones to do that.

Iowa — slump busters and career game makers.

Did they say Rutgers hadn't beat a ranked team on the road by double digits since 1974?

For God sakes, they had an assistant coach named Dick Vitale on their staff then.

Latest posts