**Official Kinnick Game Day Atmorsphere Suggestion Box**

Too many old people at the game whining because people are standing up in front of them or making too much noise. Lower ticket prices and let the younger crowd get more seats.

I know. But how do you pay for that? The students lost their good seat to entice donations for the Kinnick renovation. When I was a senior, we sat at around the 30.

How about reducing the student section sense they aren't showing up anyway.
Dont place pom-pom's with visiting team colors in the stands.
better music
better sound system
less advertising (yes I know we gotta buy coach out)
sell beer (the team will look better drunk)
.....and how about putting a better product on the field!

hot women would help, i'm sure.

first thing Mark Cuban supposedly did when he bought the Mavericks was to give out tons of free tickets to the best looking girls in town. make the Kinnick atmosphere a cool place to be for the younger kids. too many grey hairs bums me out.

Can't you just imagine how Kinnick would rock with a stadium full of these? This also would be a great fundraising opportunity for Gary Barta: I'm sure there are a lot of companies who would be willing to sponsor thousands of them, with company name/logo of course, placed on the seats as the Iowa faithful arrive. This certainly would enhance the Kinnick experience.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpXN8BvGp_o[/video]

I'm afraid I might crack and would have to kill anyone near me with any of those damn things.

Too many old people at the game whining because people are standing up in front of them or making too much noise. Lower ticket prices and let the younger crowd get more seats.

Yeah...how do you define "old" though. There are people lots younger than me that ***** because I like to stand a lot. I could easily stand the entire game. I think there should be a screening process for people that are willing to stand and yell and cheer...put those people in the good seats!

Yeah...how do you define "old" though. There are people lots younger than me that ***** because I like to stand a lot. I could easily stand the entire game. I think there should be a screening process for people that are willing to stand and yell and cheer...put those people in the good seats!

You can only yell if your standing?

Please use the following thread to make suggestions that can be passed along to the University of Iowa regarding Game Day atmosphere. Please keep them relevant to the game day environment inside Kinnick Stadium. If you chose to complain about music, video, or entertainment choices please give example of what you'd like to hear or see. (Please keep it PG-13 and within reason, Kinnick is a family environment)

Beg to differ..Kinnick is far from a family environment. Loud, drunken, profane fans all over the place..
Create a special section for the fans who are not drunk or have not been drinking. I have noticed that sober fans do not know nearly as much as the drunk fans so you would not have to listen to all of the advice normally given by the drunks. Nor would you have to get up and let the drunks by who have to pee every 15 minutes all game long.

Beg to differ..Kinnick is far from a family environment. Loud, drunken, profane fans all over the place..
Create a special section for the fans who are not drunk or have not been drinking. I have noticed that sober fans do not know nearly as much as the drunk fans so you would not have to listen to all of the advice normally given by the drunks. Nor would you have to get up and let the drunks by who have to pee every 15 minutes all game long.

Did you ever go to a game there as a kid?

So your solution is a drunk tank in the stands.... Innovative ....

The team should be able to pick a song to be played at the end of the 3rd quarter for them to get amped up to. The players were huddled up on the field and starting jumping up and down against Wisconsin after the 3rd quarter, which caused the crowd to go absolutely nuts. This could be one way to wake up our offense and crowd in the second half!

Did you ever go to a game there as a kid?

So your solution is a drunk tank in the stands.... Innovative ....

Why not a section for the "non-drunk"?

Nope. No games there for me as a kid. 200 miles+ from Iowa City and no money, and no Dad to take me. Listened to every second on a transistor radio though.

I have, however taken all of my kids, many times. Quite a few times, our day was made less enjoyable by loud mouth drunks...

I know this will never happen, but move the students back where they were. Their current location has made that section a non factor

Has anyone ever mentioned painting the water tower? There would be some real change around Kinnick if you painted the water tower.

Why not a section for the "non-drunk"?

Nope. No games there for me as a kid. 200 miles+ from Iowa City and no money, and no Dad to take me. Listened to every second on a transistor radio though.

I have, however taken all of my kids, many times. Quite a few times, our day was made less enjoyable by loud mouth drunks...

How could you reasonably separate the "drunk" people from everyone else? Do you issue field sobriety as they enter the stadium and then issue them a ticket to a certain section or a ticket for public intox? That wouldn't slow anything down and tick people off at all. You think the atmosphere is bad now...

I could see a family zone with a section specifically for people with you kids who wanted to be separated from the general public.

How could you reasonably separate the "drunk" people from everyone else? Do you issue field sobriety as they enter the stadium and then issue them a ticket to a certain section or a ticket for public intox? That wouldn't slow anything down and tick people off at all. You think the atmosphere is bad now...

I could see a family zone with a section specifically for people with you kids who wanted to be separated from the general public.

That's what I meant.. Sections for people interested in watching the game without the drunks. Target field in Minneapolis does it.

Why don't we lead the sports nation and get rid of all the tired cliché songs that get played? No hells bells on 3rd down, no "charge" chant, that **** is tired and old.

Latest posts