**Official Kinnick Game Day Atmorsphere Suggestion Box**

I agree that the Gestapo on Melrose have a large part in the suckification of the game day experience. Get them to lax a bit, and the crowd will comeback and be a little more raucous.

As for inside the stadium...

Give the band director and the guy who runs the sound system a CB radio or nextel walkie talkies or a headset or even perhaps a supervisor to tell who goes when. This way they can decide who gets to play during a particular moment. Nothing is a worse moment killer than when the band is trying to play a song and the sound system is pumping a song.

I think we should paint the field turf all the colors of the rainbow. Then pipe in some Ringling Bros and Benny Hill music, every time our offense takes the field. At least that would be entertaining. And every game that we don't score an offensive TD, the OC should have to wear a big red nose, the following game.

On the big 3rd down plays to get the crowd pumped up, the video boards show some Hawkeye great defensive players telling the crowd to get pumped.
Imagine it's 3rd and 8 and Matt Roth comes on the video board and says "alright Hawk fans, let's get crazy", and then the guitar riff for "Kickstart My Heart" begins to play.
I would definitely be up on my feet cheering like a rabid hyena.

On the big 3rd down plays to get the crowd pumped up, the video boards show some Hawkeye great defensive players telling the crowd to get pumped.
Imagine it's 3rd and 8 and Matt Roth comes on the video board and says "alright Hawk fans, let's get crazy", and then the guitar riff for "Kickstart My Heart" begins to play.
If that's what it takes to get you up and on your feet, you need to drink more at your tailgate.;)

I do like the idea though.

Great game day experience in kinnick in 2000-2006, 2008-11,

not so good in 1999, 2007 (JC offense), 20012-13

Tate, banks, stanzi had fun good offenses, JVB produced in 2011, great run and pass teams

Defense is pretty constant

The one variable that stands out is winning at home with a good all around team.

You win big time and you dont need all the music and other stuff to be perfect.

Have the cheerleaders, band members, and pom pom dancers roam around the sidelines to pump up sections in the stands during breaks like they used to.

1. Fix the band, it's weak (coming from a former HMB member)
2. Hire a pro to manage the "timing" of all the video/audio stuff including the team entrance.
3. Cheap student tickets. The student section should ALWAYS be full.
4. Less advertising, more action on the scoreboards...especially the big one.

I agree with all of these. Although you'll never be rid of all the ads (gotta pay the bills), the space could be used better and there could definitely be less adds.

If our students were half as good as the students in Madison, we'd be in business.

You hit it here. The students not showing up is a stack of weak sauce.

If that's what it takes to get you up and on your feet, you need to drink more at your tailgate.;)

I do like the idea though.

Trust me... I was standing nearly the whole time last Saturday. I sit near MNHawkeyeFreak and can vouch for her... She was up the whole time too.

But I will take your suggestion and drink more at the tailgate. Haaaa!
:-D

Gotta have more burrito pump. Said the dumbest mouth breathers on the planet. Almost as bad as the Macarena and YMCA

First of all, fire whoever came up with the idea of passing out red pompons on a gameday where our opponents wear red. On TV, it looked like the Badger fans had taken over the stadium. Despite the intent, it was incredibly stupid.

That's a great idea. It would be a nice recruiting tool as well. "Come to Iowa and be one of the all time greats, where we bring your image back during games, long after you've been gone, to help pump up the crowd."
I like it and you should forward that on to the AD.

First of all, fire whoever came up with the idea of passing out red pompons on a gameday where our opponents wear red. On TV, it looked like the Badger fans had taken over the stadium. Despite the intent, it was incredibly stupid.

That would be Gary Barta. They even discussed how it might look with the visiting team being red in color scheme and still decided to do it. Fire him twice!

Great game day experience in kinnick in 2000-2006, 2008-11,

not so good in 1999, 2007 (JC offense), 20012-13

Tate, banks, stanzi had fun good offenses, JVB produced in 2011, great run and pass teams

Defense is pretty constant

The one variable that stands out is winning at home with a good all around team.

You win big time and you dont need all the music and other stuff to be perfect.

Spot on. You can do everything else you want, but this is the crux of the issue.

Gary Barta dunk tank before the game....Hell, if that was the case we'd miss the damn game.....we would all need an ice pack seein' that goof ball in the drink so much....

I also think that Iowa needs to get with the times and create some bad arse alternate uniforms...and not those lame stars and stripes tigerhawk ones. It really is something that recruits for some reason care about.

End of the third quarter, do some kind of seventh inning stretch equivalent like Wisconsin does. I hate the Badgers, but they go nuts on that song.

Latest posts