Official Iowa vs. Michigan Prediction Thread

On paper, everything favors Michigan tomorrow.
Even the weather,with strong winds hurting our vertical passing game,whereas they run the ball much more.
All I got is Kinnick Magic.
Conjure it up,fans,like a ghost from the 2003 Michigan/Iowa game...when Nate Chandler his Razor Ramon for that late td pass to shock the ultra-talented Wolves. I will never forget that game or the sight of Braylon Edwards on his knees on the Michigan sidelines with his head down...it was great. Shake the rafters,Hawk fans...

Iowa 28 Michigan 27.

Good pep talk, JH.

I think I'll change my prediction:
Old prediction was Mich. - 41 IA - 27
New prediction is Mich. - 38 IA - 31.

Iowa comes out with a renewed vigor, it's a home game which helps.
Overall Michigan has two TD runs of over 40 yrds and Iowa's passing game gets grounded by the wind. Iowa has trouble putting a consistent drive together.

Michigan 31
Iowa 13
(hope I'm wrong)
Iowa has a better chance of beating MSU next week.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Iowa comes out and wins this game, after laying an egg on the road against a bad team. That's just been Iowa Football the past several years.

That said, I don't think they'll be able to consistently stop Robinson enough on the ground:

Michigan 34
Iowa 28

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/football/36559-ok-ill-make-prediction.html#post579352

Hearing of the potential for wind makes me even more certain of this.

Preseason:
Michigan 38 - 35 (based on last 2 seasons + their improved defense / Iowa's worse defense).

Now:
Michigan 41 - 24.

This defense is shell-shocked and full of self-doubt (read between Brod Binns' comments over the last 2 or 3 weeks). They are at a point of potential collapse because they are second-guessing their capabilities, which leads to (subliminally) second-guessing their team mates (what Prater has struggled with since Iowa State, which is why his performance has progressively deteriorated). It's just not a good time to be facing potential humiliation by Shoelaces, at home, after one of the worse losses in the Ferentz era. Iowa needs some really good bounces to gain some confidence and help them to keep treading.

The offense isn't going to put up 45, or even 31. This ain't Indiana or NwU, this defense has a pulse and will come at JVB like Minnesota, only better and faster.

Michigan wins coin toss, elects to defer. Iowa gets the ball on the opening kickoff and returns it for a touchdown, with the kick we're up 7-0 early. Onside kick by Iowa, we don't get it, the fans boo because Kirk wasn't vanilla. On the drive Michigan gets down to the 6 yard line where they fumble a snap, Broderick Binns returns it to the 33 where on the next play we do a play action pass to mcnutt, we are up 14-0 early and hold on for dear life. Later in the game after a blocked punt that we score a touchdown on we go 34-14 and finish with a 37-14 victory, shocking the world.

Michigan wins coin toss, elects to defer. Iowa gets the ball on the opening kickoff and returns it for a touchdown, with the kick we're up 7-0 early. Onside kick by Iowa, we don't get it, the fans boo because Kirk wasn't vanilla. On the drive Michigan gets down to the 6 yard line where they fumble a snap, Broderick Binns returns it to the 33 where on the next play we do a play action pass to mcnutt, we are up 14-0 early and hold on for dear life. Later in the game after a blocked punt that we score a touchdown on we go 34-14 and finish with a 37-14 victory, shocking the world.
winner winner chicken dinner.

Iowa wins 28-24...and IF we happen to lose, i hope we lose with pride knowing we didnt "play to lose." I've got over last week and hoping this ends up being a confidence boost! We can't be great every year :) but we're not terrible either. Be a true fan!! Lets GO HAWKS!!!

Even though watching Iowa's defense tomorrow will give me heartburn, the addition (I hope) of McCall makes the difference for me. This isn't last year's defense, I know, but we did "mostly" contain Robinson at their place, when he was in the game. That, and Michigan didn't really impress vs MSU, in adverse weather conditions (wind). First time we win 3 in a row over Michigan, not easy.

Iowa 27
Michigan 24

Michigan's D is ranked 6th in the nation and doesn't give up the big play.

Their offensive line is the best the Hawks have faced and their QB is a great cut-back runner.

They should be able to stack up Coker and really take advantage of Vandy's inability to handle pressure. Shoelaces should also be able to make Neilson look like he is standing in quicksand.

Seriously, on paper it looks like no contest. Good thing they don't play on paper.

However, I still give the edge to UM. Just think the Hawks will take too long to make some much needed adjustments.

From ESPN
Expect a close game between Michigan and Iowa on Saturday. The past five meetings between these two teams in Iowa City have each been decided by six points or less. The combined margin of victory in those five games has been 17 points (one game went to overtime).

I'm changing my prediction. It is very rare for Iowa to get their faces dominated, let alone at home.

Michigan 31
Iowa 24

Latest posts