Official Iowa vs. Michigan Prediction Thread

hawks365

I'm putting my bet that the Hawks get fired up and come out and play with some emotion. The crowd gets into Denard's head and we come up with some big plays on defense, finally. Coker rushes for 150+ and seals the game late with a rushing TD.

Iowa- 35
Michigan- 17

Michigan dominates our faces.

Michigan 38
Iowa 17

I'm changing my prediction to 31-24 Michigan. It is very rare for Iowa to get their faces dominated. If Denard throws picks we'll win, but I don't think we'll force them into near as many passing situations as we have the last couple of years.

Last edited:
Has anybody predicted we lose 61-9? Only kidding of course. I don't like how this game is setting up, but with each day I'm trying to be more positive. However, I still think we lose 31-21. Hope I'm wrong.

Iowa is either gonna come out and win by 17 or more or they will keep it close and lose it with the last couple of minutes. Giving us hope and then ripping our hearts out ocne again sending this site to DEFCON 1. Contain Robinson make him beat us by throwing up his prayers gotta wrap up tomorrow. Im gonna say...

Iowa 38
Mich 21

For whatever reason I'm feeling pretty good about this game. Even though Iowa lost at OSU in 09 with JVB making his first start I had the same feeling going into that game as well.

With this being at home I think the Hawks win it, like I said I have no reason to think they will win other than a gut feeling.

Hawks 31
Michigan 28

Meyer redeems himself and kicks a game winning FG only this time the clock operator allows the clock to expire instead of keeping a second on the clock.

Michigan dominates our faces.

Michigan 38
Iowa 17

No one likes you. I've been on this board for almost year and out of all the posters you take the cake. I don't ever feel the need to say something, but you're just wrong. You're negative. Everyone loses brain cells reading your posts. Please. Spare us.

Gotta stay positive Hawks.

Eye-Opening Stat: Over the past 12 games, every opposing QB has improved their QB efficiency # by at least a whopping 15% after facing Iowa!!!

That includes QBs that weren't good to begin with - Minny QB, Tenn Tech QB, Indiana QB, etc. - so imagine what a decent to great QB will do. Doesn't matter if we stop the run, the QB gets comfortable completing dink-and-dunk passes and sets up for big play. Teams don't have to run on us because they are more effective passing for short yards in place of running. Take away Robinson's run game and as proven with that stat, he will probably be efficient throwing instead. That's what has me concerned.

Defensively, Michigan has the best D in the Big Ten. Iowa has the worst D in the Big Ten. What a difference a year makes and in Michigan's case, a coaching change too. Greg Mattison knows more about Iowa's offensive philosophy and habits more than any coach in the conference. He has spent time around the program and watch Iowa games for years when Bryan played. That makes for a pretty good game plan.

Michigan 41
Iowa 27

Last edited:
Michigan dominates Iowa on paper and unfortunately on the field Saturday. :( Iowa's Defense is allowing 23ppg and over 400 yards. Opponents offenses converting almost 50% of there 3rd down conversions Iowa ranked 230. Oh my that is UGLY!!

Boy I really hope I eat these words..

Iowa- 23
Michigan-44

Last edited:
On paper, everything favors Michigan tomorrow.
Even the weather,with strong winds hurting our vertical passing game,whereas they run the ball much more.
All I got is Kinnick Magic.
Conjure it up,fans,like a ghost from the 2003 Michigan/Iowa game...when Nate Chandler his Razor Ramon for that late td pass to shock the ultra-talented Wolves. I will never forget that game or the sight of Braylon Edwards on his knees on the Michigan sidelines with his head down...it was great. Shake the rafters,Hawk fans...

Iowa 28 Michigan 27.

Latest posts