OFFICIAL Iowa vs ISU prediction thread

Iowa 31 - ISU 10

Hardcores are reminded why you don't predict your team's destiny for the year (or second game) based on first game observations.

* Iowa offense pushes ISU around the field

* Jantz is overtaken by Kinnick pressure........fans get an A+

* Oh the turnovers......thank you ISU and Steele Jantz in particular

* Iowa secondary shows why they are a strength for this team

* Rhoads loses both E strings on his air guitar by half

* ISU, where 6-7 = jubilation

They say the biggest improvement from a team is from game one to game two. I think that is the case this year for the Hawks, and I expect a competitive game.

But until our offense proves that they can put up 30+ with ease against an average defense, I simply can't predict a win.

We get blitzed to hell and back, Vandy falls apart.
We get blown up on defense because Jantz can run and he can throw.

We get some turnovers which keep it close.

ISU 28
Iowa 23

Jantz is a different type of runner than Lynch was or Barnett for that matter. Jantz makes plays with his feet when the pass play breaks down, but Barnett and Lynch are better at designed runs or read plays. I think Iowa keeps Jantz running in check (he had 13 rushes for -9 yds against Tulsa) and Iowa wins 24-21

28-24 ISU. Shontrelles speed is able to bust a couple of long runs. Steele with two picks deep in opponents territory.

Iowa 28-14

Iowa is going to be prepared for Jantz and his ability to run thus making him pass the ball. Since he can't throw to save his life we score at least 1 defensive touchdown on an INT.

One member of the ISU's "best linebacker group in the world ever" will also break his leg after Bullock puts his head down and runs right over the top of him.

Iowa 28-14

Iowa is going to be prepared for Jantz and his ability to run thus making him pass the ball. Since he can't throw to save his life we score at least 1 defensive touchdown on an INT.

One member of the ISU's "best linebacker group in the world ever" will also break his leg after Bullock puts his head down and runs right over the top of him.

Hey, I huff paint too! High five!

Considering this might be PR's best team at ISU and this is a fairly young Iowa team, I'm leaning ISU at this point (gag, gag, gag). I think because it is in Kinnick, it will be a close game.

However, ISU 23-20 in overtime.

Iowa 28-14

Guess he got lucky on the 30+ passes he completed on Saturday.

After Saturday, Iowa has at least 11 games left, ISU has at least 10 games left. Maybe 11.

It is an important game. They are all important. We only get 12, or 13, or 14.

That is my prediction.

Latest posts