Official Iowa @ Penn St Game Thread

When Fran benches his kids, we'll see a competitive game. Patrick hurts Iowa more then he helps.
Said after game 1 that he was the ONLY player that looked like zero physical, skills and smarts progress from last year. He's always only been good for spurts. Often at the right time but spurts, nontheless. If he ain't hitting shots, the rest of his game is often a liability.

This team is done.
Although unlikely to happen (Penn State always goes crazy against Iowa at home.) they REALLY needed to steal this one. At the very least, play competitive and look competent. A 3rd blowout in a row - with 2 more coming at Indy and Rutgers ... pretty tough to recover.

Said after game 1 that he was the ONLY player that looked like zero physical, skills and smarts progress from last year. He's always only been good for spurts. Often at the right time but spurts, nontheless. If he ain't hitting shots, the rest of his game is often a liability.
He has regressed both of the last 2 years. Badly misses a shot on one end / gives up easy bucket on the defensive end the next play. He jogs everywhere with no hustle & no defense. Way too much playing time

Although unlikely to happen (Penn State always goes crazy against Iowa at home.) they REALLY needed to steal this one. At the very least, play competitive and look competent. A 3rd blowout in a row - with 2 more coming at Indy and Rutgers ... pretty tough to recover.

Just think if they had beat Wisky and EIU we would feel completely different about the season.

There's no one at this game.
If you ever get to State College you’ll see why. The only thing they get attendance for is football because they’re 3 hours from anywhere.

It’s a tiny little town way the hell out in the boonies. They don’t have a Des Moines or CR or Waterloo type town anywhere near that place.

Blew my mind how isolated that place was the first time I went there.

We haven’t had a guy (PG or otherwise) who could drive to the hole since Gesell. And that was a LONG time ago.
Toussaint. I know he was turnover prone at times but he could take another pg of the dribble & was able to get to the rim. Iowa needs him right now.

Latest posts