Official Iowa @ Penn St Game Thread

We haven’t had a guy (PG or otherwise) who could drive to the hole since Gesell. And that was a LONG time ago.

You know this has been my biggest gripe about Fran over his time here as coach. You would think that the odds would be that he would luck out once in a while. Slow set shooting guards who always get beat defending their player and that are no threat to explode to the basket.

You know this has been my biggest gripe about Fran over his time here as coach. You would think that the odds would be that he would luck out once in a while. Slow set shooting guards who always get beat defending their player and that are no threat to explode to the basket.

Next season we might have the problem solver on the court

He small, but he b the Bomb

Opponents gonna be tripping on their jock straps

Drake.... level.

Reminds me of Nick Norton who ended up at Drake after UAB and had 2nd knee injury. Same listed height (actually around 5 10 but at least could play D. Nick is son of a former Hawkeye. He looked really good until he played Big type guards. Btw, from same conference as Diopp. One an IL state championship after finishing 4th in a tough conference.

Maybe Brock will be better, but I see the same player with not as much D. If the Hawk Hoop hosts rest here.... Iowa needs Big type recruits. Norton was a starter at UAB and conference Freshman of the year. He tended not to play against P5 teams.

Last edited:

Well I certainly hope this kid is the real deal. Seems like the so called high rated athletes seldom pan out for us at certain positions. At point guard in basketball and at quarterback in football. Of course that’s more in football than in basketball. We really haven’t had highly rated guards compared to a few four star rated quarterbacks. We did have a so called All American Junior College guard that transfered in but he turned out to be a bust.

We haven’t had a guy (PG or otherwise) who could drive to the hole since Gesell. And that was a LONG time ago.
Problem with MG was, even though he could drive, when he did, it was a straight up layup and he usually got fed the ball, which bounced off him, out of bounds, or was just plain taken away. He had no business driving into the trees cuz he had no moves or elevation to get the ball above the rim, or even draw a foul.

Latest posts