***OFFICIAL IOWA - ISU GAME THREAD***

People like to bring up

a)Players in NFL
b)Graduation rate
c)Orange Bowl
d)Turning mediocre recruits into decent players because they work hard

These things don't make watching Iowa football any better. You're paying to see the team win, not just play on a field and ignore what is plaguing the team. I'm not saying he needs to win the BIG 10 every year or get to the NCG. But at the beginning of the year if it looks like things have gone from average at best to praying for any sign of being average- it's not good.

If it's recruiting, scheme, or players transferring it doesn't matter. It's not a sign of a great FOOTBALL coach. Great mentor, maybe, but he shouldn't be getting paid like he is for moral victories.

I'll be optimistic in the second half!

This.
People like to bring up

a)Players in NFL
b)Graduation rate
c)Orange Bowl

These things don't make watching Iowa football any better. You're paying to see the team win, not just play on a field and ignore what is plaguing the team. I'm not saying he needs to win the BIG 10 every year or get to the NCG. But at the beginning of the year if it looks like things have gone from average at best to praying for any sign of being average- it's not good.

If it's recruiting, scheme, or players transferring it doesn't matter. It's not a sign of a great FOOTBALL coach. Great mentor, maybe, but he shouldn't be getting paid like he is for moral victories.

People like to bring up

a)Players in NFL
b)Graduation rate
c)Orange Bowl

The "excuses" you mention are things which should render Iowa a hotbed of highly recruited talent.

You'll have to be optimistic for me too. I expect Absolut Suckitude.

Rhodes is pretty smart. Kicks it short cause he knows our special teams ain't gonna get close to the 25.

Anybody else just flip the bird to Greg Davis when they showed him in the booth?
I gotta stop drinkin.

I'm tired of this Vandy crap. He watches the receiver that he's going to throw it to from the snap until he throws the ball. It's terrible.

Latest posts