!*****Official 'Iowa Fans Show Their Support For Buyout Barta' Game Thread*****!

Does Gary Barta attend the game?

• Yes, while waving his middle finger.

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No, he has a fundraiser to attend.

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know if it makes me more angry or sad that I have no interest in watching the game.

I don't know if it makes me more angry or sad that I have no interest in watching the game.
Similar to football, I'm more disinterested than mad or sad. I know the football team will lose half the games so it's expected, and the basketball team is so hilarious that it's impossible not to laugh.

There are better things to care about than sports teams whose AD and coaches have no incentive to win whether that be financial or in job security.

That line will change as soon as the money on the Gophers starts coming in. Bookies know what they're doing.

The money has actually been coming in on us. We were 3.5 point favorites yesterday and we're 4.5 favorites now. Minnesota is a dumpster fire right now, especially with Coffey out. I feel pretty good about this one.

The game is an 8 pm tip off, on a Tuesday night, work & school night, this team has only won two Big 10 games. I'll be curious to see how many fans are at Carver tonight.

My buddy called me and offered me his 4 tickets/parking pass for tonight's game. Not only did I turn him down but I told him not to bother offering them to me as long as Barta is the AD. He figured I would say as much. He's not happy with Barta either. I don't know if he'll pass on season tickets next year or not. He's as hardcore as I used to be. We used to go to Bowl Games together, with our wives. I think he might finally be wising up to the racket.

Similar to football, I'm more disinterested than mad or sad. I know the football team will lose half the games so it's expected, and the basketball team is so hilarious that it's impossible not to laugh.

There are better things to care about than sports teams whose AD and coaches have no incentive to win whether that be financial or in job security.

Let's not forget...Fran makes 1 tournament in the next 6 years he gets an extra year...We must be the luckiest fan base on the planet. Even when we win we lose.

This game might be one we can actually win. If Coffey isn't playing and the players might actually rally around Fran after all of the media heat.

What’s the over/under on attendance tonight? Gonna need someone there to fill us in.

And for that person unlucky enough to sit in that manure pile to watch a basketball game, we feel for you.

I’m a Kriener fan but the kid should hang it up. Two concussions now and from what I hear he’s had at least one before Iowa. Got a lot of heart and plays like a madman but his future isn’t on a basketball court. I hope he gets out before he scrambles the rest of his bean.

Blue Hairs are getting ready for the game tonight.

oldpeople1.gif

I’m a Kriener fan but the kid should hang it up. Two concussions now and from what I hear he’s had at least one before Iowa. Got a lot of heart and plays like a madman but his future isn’t on a basketball court. I hope he gets out before he scrambles the rest of his bean.

I agree, while he has talent for the college game it's not going to get him past that unless he wants to play in Europe. It's not worth it, he's got the rest of his life to think about.

I agree, while he has talent for the college game it's not going to get him past that unless he wants to play in Europe. It's not worth it, he's got the rest of his life to think about.

Those are the one's reported. Like a lot more that he didn't report. They just keep coming and a casual elbow to the head can give symptoms.

Those are the one's reported. Like a lot more that he didn't report. They just keep coming and a casual elbow to the head can give symptoms.
Agreed. I didn't think that last collision was very hard. Concussions are scary situations any more.

This isn't a big game for Iowa...the big game is the first game of the conference tournament...their run to the final four begins!

Latest posts