!*****Official 'Iowa Fans Show Their Support For Buyout Barta' Game Thread*****!

Does Gary Barta attend the game?

• Yes, while waving his middle finger.

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No, he has a fundraiser to attend.

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good game by Hawks.

Improvement on defense. Lots of motion on O.
Effort both ends.

“Undermanned Minnesota” heard 9 times. One more time then their undermanned rotation-manned.
What's really sad is that you had NO idea one of their leading point scorers and rebounders were out....cheer on low information fan! And BTW I've been saying all along I'd give Fran 2 more seasons to impress. There WAS NO reason to extend his contract this year and do it with utter disdain for transparency....that's the point and that's why fans are in an uproar. It's a public institution and he's a highly paid public employee.
low information? Try no information. You have to have information to be considered informative

What was really fun was reading thru the first few pages of this thread when I got back from CH. I had to quickly double check BTN for the score, because I thought maybe I did not see the game at all.

BTW, the crowd was not big but very lively. THey were certainly a factor. Thanks for the Tuesday night 8:00 pm time slot!

Of course, the same group of internet geniuses who railed against Barta, Fran, and the team early on were prepared when Iowa played some darn good basketball...the gophers were an injury riddled terrible team. You guys are nothing if not predictable.

Much to your chagrin, those of us at the game really enjoyed the evening, cheered loudly, appreciated the efforts of the players and coaches, and nobody talked about GB. You should join us sometime. Oh. Never mind. You are boycotting Hawkeye sports. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
I fell asleep and didn't even care that I missed half of the game. You'll have to cheer enough for the 7 or 8 thousand that didn't make the trip. For the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
In regards to the attendance,when the game started I thought I was watching an Atlanta Hawks game on TBS circa 1986 . I could hear the ball bouncing and the sneakers squeaking. The fans are starting to make their statement

You obviously subscribe to Gary Barta's comments and support those. Good for you! I call you a low information fan. But as long as low information fans show up and BTN is in operation we should all just chill the F out right?!

Your gift of identifying what someone else is thinking should be put to better use than a sports forum.

What's really sad is that you had NO idea one of their leading point scorers and rebounders were out....cheer on low information fan! And BTW I've been saying all along I'd give Fran 2 more seasons to impress. There WAS NO reason to extend his contract this year and do it with utter disdain for transparency....that's the point and that's why fans are in an uproar. It's a public institution and he's a highly paid public employee.

Guess you read my mind again, but you are 0-2. In fact, my friends who sit in front of me for Iowa basketball games and I were discussing the MN injuries prior to the game. We pretty much talk about details at every game, probably classify as OCD.

Guess you read my mind again, but you are 0-2. In fact, my friends who sit in front of me for Iowa basketball games and I were discussing the MN injuries prior to the game. We pretty much talk about details at every game, probably classify as OCD.
Great show that expertise next time and we won't have to have this discussion again. Did you discuss Fran's contract too? You probably think that was a great deal for the U and fans.

Great show that expertise next time and we won't have to have this discussion again. Did you discuss Fran's contract too? You probably think that was a great deal for the U and fans.
I didn't know Coffey was out. I picked Minnesota to win until I saw that and then I figured we might win.

I didn't know Coffey was out. I picked Minnesota to win until I saw that and then I figured we might win.
yes! I suspected something was up based on the way the line was moving and then I did some digging and found that out. I made a decent $ on the Hawks!

Latest posts