!*****Official Iowa Beats Traquon McBarkley And The Kitteny Lions Game Thread*****!

What's your point? I never said Iowa should blitz, just said to stay aggressive as they had all night on Defense. Iowa coaches had the defense go prevent and PSU marched down the field. It's a shame for the team. That's been Parker's MO since he took over.

My point is glaringly obvious... penn state didnt play prevent defense when we had the ball left at the end of the game..

We burned them easily...

Blaming iowa's defense for this game is kind of comical....

Iowa's problem is what it always has been.... offense.

If Franklin is the bar, then F that. Franklin may rep his players more, but he’s a major league douche that Kirk couldn’t even aspire to.
Franklin is grade A douchebag. That we can all agree on, im sure the scum at penn state love him.

Delusions of grandeur here. PSUs defense is not a great defense. Every defense will do what PSt did tonight. And if we're too stupid to game plan for 8/9 in the box, we ain't winning many more games.

Second half was much better. But yes, too predictable most of the game.

How could anyone not call that defensive effort NOBLE?! Like the Michigan effort last year. Iowa's D played two games of downs and still had Iowa in the game. Parker's defense was every bit as good as Norms. Great effort by all the defense. Nobody will hold the Lions to 21 points or less this year. That last pass was way more luck than skill, terrible spin on the ball and it could easily have been knocked down. My hats off to a gutsy bunch of Hawkeyes that nearly pulled the upset.
It was more than a great defensive effort.

I never said it wasn't. What is a shame for the defense is that the coaching staff went prevent on the last drive and it cost them a TD. It's a shame for the players. As tough as these guys are they'll use this as motivation beginning with watching film tomorrow and will carry over to next Saturday. Lesser teams would crumble. Iowa's players won't.

It was more than a great defensive effort.

I never said it wasn't. What is a shame for the defense is that the coaching staff went prevent on the last drive and it cost them a TD. It's a shame for the players. As tough as these guys are they'll use this as motivation beginning with watching film tomorrow and will carry over to next Saturday. Lesser teams would crumble. Iowa's players won't.

Bro.. Iowa always plays prevent... they play a cover 2 shell like 75% of the time.

There defensive strategy at the end was what every other football team in NCAA through NFL does...

I'm an asshole because I think Kirk Ferentz is an overpaid, controlling prude with average results as a head coach. Got it.

It's funny cuz when James Franklin was praising Barkley after the game, my wife says: "Has Kirk Ferentz ever spoken about his players like that before? I don't remember hearing him doing that."
Kirk thinks he's somehow the ultimate judge of what is acceptable character. The guy, IMO is just a conceited prick.
You called his FAMILY trash. That makes you a terrible human being...

My point is glaringly obvious... penn state didnt play prevent defense when we had the ball left at the end of the game..

We burned them easily...

Blaming iowa's defense for this game is kind of comical....

Iowa's problem is what it always has been.... offense.
Do you read? I said it was the coaching going prevent that cost the defense after they'd been aggressive all night.

I know PSU didn't and Iowa got off 1 big play only.

Do you read? I said it was the coaching going prevent that cost the defense after they'd been aggressive all night.

I know PSU didn't and Iowa got off 1 big play only.

You should go back through the game.. .we maybe blitzed 4-5 times all night. The defensive line got pressure alot with a 4 or 5 man rush.. which was exactly the same thing we were doing the last drive...

They were tired from being on the field for 120 plays..

Three receivers were within a couple of yards of each other, almost felt like a hail mary. Two defenders had a chance at it. The real tough play was the swing pass by Mcsorely as he was being tackled. That play was a microsecond from being blown up. Still don't know how he threaded the needle.

We lose big if we turn this into a score fest. We were one inch from beating the #4 team in the country with a first year QB....

No doubt. But I'm not talking about turning it into a "score fest". (it's not a black/white, all/nothing equation) . I'm talking about basic offensive competence. The idea that "oh...don't score...because then the other team gets the ball and a chance to score" it complete bullshit. I'm talking about a basic ability to drive with an intent to score points....NOT just hold the ball and run clock.

One hell of an effort from our guys tonight. One play away. Really proud of em. (but spare me the "first year QB stuff...that happens in college every 2-3 years to every team). This team could win 10 games! If tonight is an indication of what they're capable of... could be a great season!

I'm just tired of the idea of offense...as a place holder...

Three receivers were within a couple of yards of each other, almost felt like a hail mary. Two defenders had a chance at it. The real tough play was the swing pass by Mcsorely as he was being tackled. That play was a microsecond from being blown up. Still don't know how he threaded the needle.

Yep that play was the killer.,.. i thought he was throwing it out of bounds for a sec...

And I'm pointing out what happens when you get aggressive on d against this team...genius...

Iowa was aggressive all night, at least for Iowa they were, and it worked pretty well.

here's the bottom line. Some of you are satisfied that Iowa played great and all that crap. I just don't take kindly to moral victory's is all. Of course in today's politically correct world, everybody gets a trophy so I should quit arguing.

Iowa was aggressive all night, at least for Iowa they were, and it worked pretty well.

here's the bottom line. Some of you are satisfied that Iowa played great and all that crap. I just don't take kindly to moral victory's is all. Of course in today's politically correct world, everybody gets a trophy so I should quit arguing.

I yelled F really loud at the TV when that last play happened?

Do I get credit for not liking a moral victory?

Who is "satisfied"? But these young men played their guts out against the #4 team. That can certainly be applauded without being satisfied...

Latest posts