!*****Official 'I Don't Have The ESPN U Channel (IAvsPitt)' Game Thread*****!

Unintentional honesty, sometimes is the most honest. Fran can get red and blow up, or, better yet, think...yah, who am I fooling, everything they said is what we say behind closed doors.
Agreed. Fran would best ignore the comments entirely. Like they never happened.

Well being that I'm 54 years old that would make you Captain Obvious or should I say Captain Oblivious.
I’m just wondering why it took two years for someone to point out the obvious about JBo. Thanks for the info — finally someone nailed his weakness!

Most on this board probably had Iowa 3-3 right now or 4-2 at best. They are 6-0 with a lot of things to improve on. I get a kick out of all the negativity. It’s what I envision happens at my wife’s book club when they sit around and complain about their husbands. Bunch of cackling hens.
LOL — so dead on

Rarely do I criticize aggressive play. I absolutely hate that 1 man stall ball, late game offense. It fails more often than it succeeds. By a wide margin.
Amen I second that. And it's terrible to watch which is besides the point but good lord. Is it a panic mechanism? Or why do so many coaches/teams do that?

If we were up 3 with 40 seconds left, I think chucking a deep 3 buzzer beater is a good idea. Up 1 tho, I'd say run 10 seconds or so off the clock, then run your offense.

Rarely do I criticize aggressive play. I absolutely hate that 1 man stall ball, late game offense. It fails more often than it succeeds. By a wide margin.
The recent Nebraska game against Clemson was a good example of a team milking clock late the game while still running their offense and still looking for a shot or penetration when the opportunity presented itself. It was a nice balance. Miles did a good job managing the end of that game.

Im sure I would have brought up Fran's putrid record in close games. I'll be a straight shooter about that. And your supposed best player clanking two free throws?

I like the defense in the second half. And how Baer stepped up when the team needed someone to. It's time to start with games like this. Izzo and Bo Ryan sure do (have).

Speaking of Izzo, did you see Langford's free throw 'attempts' down 3 with 4 seconds left last night? He's their supposed best player as well. At least the Hawks came away with the W, which is more than Sparty can say.

Speaking of Izzo, did you see Langford's free throw 'attempts' down 3 with 4 seconds left last night? He's their supposed best player as well. At least the Hawks came away with the W, which is more than Sparty can say.
You are correct and I'm not throwing away an ugly win. And I stated two weeks ago that might not be a bad thing to catch Sparty in December, when Izzo is usually still figuring things out.

I watched most of MSU/Louisville last night. Sparty pissed that game away at the end of regulation, despite favorable officiating from TV Teddy. The missed layup and several instances simply throwing the ball away killed them.

This brings up another question. HOW IN THE F*** DOES TV TEDDY KEEP GETTING ASSIGNED MSU GAMES? That's at least two so far and we're still in November!

He should have gotten back up on defense. But since he didn't, he sure as hell should have gotten up for the cherry pick dunk. Maybe he actually did get hurt a bit?

He took an elbow shot to the head, as seen on the replay. Its possible he was actually hurt, then clunking 2 FT's. Then stayed down for a long time. Could be a slight concussion. They may put him through the protocol. Let's hope he's not concussed!!!

You are correct and I'm not throwing away an ugly win. And I stated two weeks ago that might not be a bad thing to catch Sparty in December, when Izzo is usually still figuring things out.

I watched most of MSU/Louisville last night. Sparty pissed that game away at the end of regulation, despite favorable officiating from TV Teddy. The missed layup and several instances simply throwing the ball away killed them.

This brings up another question. HOW IN THE F*** DOES TV TEDDY KEEP GETTING ASSIGNED MSU GAMES? That's at least two so far and we're still in November!

There's probably a reason for that. Let's just hope we don't get him next week. Although if we don't, it'll most likely be Boroski.

He took an elbow shot to the head, as seen on the replay. Its possible he was actually hurt, then clunking 2 FT's. Then stayed down for a long time. Could be a slight concussion. They may put him through the protocol. Let's hope he's not concussed!!!
Aw, come on! :) I saw Ed Horton literally break Jay Burson's neck in 1989 and Burson finished the game, which turned out to be his last.

Today, Burson probably would be immobilized and strapped down, or at the very least checked for concussion symptoms. Its actually crazy to think that he finished that game, and what could have happened. He was barely 160 lbs. and took a lot of punishment out there. Among other things, his brain capsule, that carries spinal fluid to the brain, could have been damaged. That's what happened to Rudy T. in the infamous confrontation with (former Tom Davis player and future assistant) Kermit Washington.

There's probably a reason for that. Let's just hope we don't get him next week. Although if we don't, it'll most likely be Boroski.

It's BiG10-ish Refs; they're as consistent as whichever school is signing the check that game.

It's no coincidence the BIG14 HQ is located in a Second-City burb. Just doin' things the Chicago way!

It's BiG10-ish Refs; they're as consistent as whichever school is signing the check that game.

It's no coincidence the BIG14 HQ is located in a Second-City burb. Just doin' things the Chicago way!

Gangsta!

I’m just wondering why it took two years for someone to point out the obvious about JBo. Thanks for the info — finally someone nailed his weakness!
My only point is, with years of coaching, training, speed and agility training $000 of dollars to prep kids you should see some sign of improvement that's all. It may have about as much to do with the Coaching staff's training methods versus the kid's. Play a defense set that he can compete in and be productive.

Latest posts