!*****Official 'Hokie Pokies Get Eaten By A Baer' Game Thread*****!

Not too shabby

Hawks in the game, and with Garza back we have a Solid chance to win this one

If the zebras will permit it that is

No guarantee on that

If Hawks win I promise you all shots of Jack Daniels!
giphy.gif

Not much dribble penetration by VT. And, some good rim protection by Iowa. Nice.

Yes that has been pretty good except for that one time where three Iowa guys let their player go in for an easy slam while they all looked at each other. That play really strange.

I'm definitely pleased with how we have hung in there despite the refs calling it tight on one end of the court and letting them play on the other. Gotta come out ready to play in the second half.

Couldn't watch most of 1st half. I understand that the officiating is less than ideal?

They have been pretty whistle happy on the VaTech end of the court, and swallowed the whistle on the Iowa side of the court, especially since VaTech plays a in your face man defense, they are letting them get by with way more that is for sure.

Well Some of the fouls against Iowa were ticky tacky.

If they wanna call all the rocky tacky fouls that's fine but can we just get refs that call the game consistently for once. Also when they called that T on Fran, Buzz Williams was standing at mid court. Not even close to the coaches box.

The bigger taller team has 13 fouls. The shorter quicker team has 5 fouls. A 15 to 4 differential in FT's. Fran with a T because he thought a player laying out of bounds with the ball shouldn't be able to start a fast break. Officiating has been bad and unbalanced in favor of Va. Tech.

I did see the play just before Fran's T. That was a pretty bad call, IMO.

It isn't awful, it just isn't consistent for both sides. VaTech is fouling just as much, but away from the basket and they aren't calling it out there. Iowa getting called for stuff at the rim, which are fouls. Call them on both sides, no way it should be 13 - 5 in fouls right now.

First time I have seen the team play. They look like a team with a RPI north of 230. I saw quite a few mistakes on offense. Defense is about where it is every year: opposing guards can easily dribble around Bohannon, lots of uncontested shots on the perimeter, lack of quickness results in lots of fouls. B1G not so good this year so we still got a chance to make the NIT.

Why do we have 8 shooting guards and fail to recruit a decent point guard 3 years in a row? By decent, I mean one who can defend average P5 level pgs.

Hawks need to be the tougher team. This game is winnable, for sure. Having Baerkat back looks like it should help them defensively. If they can hold a team to 72 or less they should win most of their games, IMO.

Latest posts