***Official Hawks Stomp The Ill-Lye-Nye For A Double Bye Game Thread***

Saw it on Twitter, but THAT situation right there is why Fran likes to save his TOs

Actually that’s not true. Fran never calls time on O for a last shot...he says he doesn’t want other team to set defense. Also, we don’t have a shot to win at the end if Fran doesn’t take early TOs.

Problems still persist. Amazing they could fight back with JW being of no real help. Fredrick not sharp. Combined 3-13. They need better. Good season? Sure. But disappointing close heading to the BTT and NCAA.

At this rate, I'm not even sure that the NBA will take Weezy for evaluation this year. They'll just say, "...yeah, you need to spend your time in the practice gym."

I predicted top 6 so Im happy. But the more I see this team the more I realize we are a one man show. If CJ and Weis get hot, this team would be a final 4 team. But they have folded up shop it seems.

I feel sorry for the fans that think this is a good team. Us old timers have seen some special teams. And this isnt one of the, BUT we have special player, Too bad its not the girls game where one player can dominate.

This is not a great Iowa team, injuries have plagued them all season. No one is suggesting that it is, that’s said, they’ve played well despite the circumstances. Top 25 level, but not much higher. Not enough to be considered elite imo.

Weiskamp shows no heart, hustle or determination. I can live with JoeT occasional mishaps, at least he tries, plays d and is disruptive. Very surprised he sat in the bench the second half.
Should have been JoeT and Evy

Problems still persist. Amazing they could fight back with JW being of no real help. Fredrick not sharp. Combined 3-13. They need better. Good season? Sure. But disappointing close heading to the BTT and NCAA.

When 2/5ths of your starting 5 is out for year, then yeah, you’re going to hit a wall at end of year. Hopefully they find a 2nd wind.

Why not bitch at Conner. He stands around most of the game. JW always has someone 30 percent bigger on him. See what that does to your legs and shot.. Bitch bitch bitch. Kid plays his heart out. Conner finally decided to shoot wide open. Joe doesn't get those.

overall pretty darn good season! Big disappointment in 1 player in particular Fran needs to realize his board play, missed layups and untimely TO's kill this team in close games. Worst last 9 games from someone that needs to lead I've ever seen I think. Fran must limit his minutes in remaining games. Evelyn has played much better, Toussaint makes some freshman mistakes but he hustles and creates problems for people.
Does Wieskamp need Bohannon? Was it the rise of Garza that somehow lowered his confidence? Is there a part of his game that defenses learned to stop him?
So does Garza come back? Does Bohannon come back? Will Nunge remain healthy?

Fredrick was a no show. Wieskamp still missing in action.

Iowa needs to figure out a way to generate open 3 point shots. Shooting under 20 3s is not a good formula for Iowa.

In CJ’s defense no way is he near 100%. He can’t cut like he used to or put the ball on the floor and attack the basket. Throw in Joe completely disappearing the last month and it’s unfair to expect CJ to produce at the level he was prior to his 1st injury.

Wieskamp....7 points and 5 boards. Once again he is a no show. The guy has completely checked out for the season. Maybe he could make a WNBA team this summer.
Iowa or Illinois will be in the B10 Championship vs Michigan State.
i am just playing one game at a time. If the refs are fair we might win one or two. They should have challenge maybe 1 or 2 a half for fouls. I didn’t see the one foul on Frederick or the one on Garza. They changed one today in the NBA on a foul on a three changed to a moving screen.

Latest posts