***OFFICIAL HAWKS CRAP IN PURPLE KITTIES LITTER BOX GAME THREAD***

I've been very disappointed in how Jordan moves without the ball. He's not even trying to get open. He has no idea how to play the 2. He just stands around the perimeter. He's a .41 career 3 point shooter who's made 220 of them and is 4th in school history in 3 pters made 1/2 way through his Jr. season. He needs to shoot more of them and frankly I don't care if he does them from the parking lot if he makes them at that clip.
I think what @Fryowa is saying is to use discretiion when being a rec league chucker. Up five with a minute to go in the half and the ball with a full shot clock, you should go into the locker room no worse than up five. Instead we went tied by giving up a shot at buzzer (again) and it probably parlayed into Northwestern's quick seven point lead early in the second half. I agree that 41% career deserves his shots, just make them smart shots. Like the Nebraska game.

The wrestlers used to be terrors in downtown Iowa City. You did not want to cross a drunk wrestler. And they had to be hung over for some of those 5 am workouts when they gave each other piggy back rides up the Carver steps.

I think what @Fryowa is saying is to use discretiion when being a rec league chucker. Up five with a minute to go in the half and the ball with a full shot clock, you should go into the locker room no worse than up five. Instead we went tied by giving up a shot at buzzer (again) and it probably parlayed into Northwestern's quick seven point lead early in the second half. I agree that 41% career deserves his shots, just make them smart shots. Like the Nebraska game.

and I get that. There would be another side that would complain if we aren't aggressive in that spot too, same in football. Ya know, people hate when Iowa winds any clock towards the end of the half in any sport, unless Iowa is aggressive and it doesn't work, then the coaches or players are idiots.

Last year I would agree. This year I don't. He is our best player, so yeah you get him the ball. At the same time this year he isn't forcing it as much, and gives the ball up, and moves the ball much better.
Agreed I just thought our guys ran great sets last night.

Northwestern's guards are 6'4-6'7". Tough matchup for Bohannon. The way 6'5" Tony Carr used to be. And that's another team that could use a beatdown. I still remember the concussion Kreiner suffered in last year's game from a shot to the head that should have been flagrant.

That was a nasty hit. Ryan was the only Hawk playing tough that game. They wanted to get him out of the game and I am fairly certain that was exactly what Chambers wanted. One of the reasons I don't like that prick is the thugliike play he coaches.....

Latest posts