Official "@HawkGold Thinks I'm A Closet Badger Fan, Hawks Skate Into Madtown Game Thread

Heck he was on his way to an OSU Wisky game. At Columbus. That's pretty telling evidence. He even drove thru an Illinois hurricane to get there
It was a birthday present for my then sixteen year old. And what would have met tropical storm criteria that night in Central Illinois was on the way back, not on the way there. And it would have been the golden opportunity for you to show me shelter, hospitality, and dinner because we were driving through Champaign/Urbana at supper time. But you had already gone to bed. :)

I recall that evening however. I was gassing up at a Loves in LeRoy Illinois and the wind nearly ripped the door of my vehicle right off the hinges. We didn't hit dry weather until just outside the Quad Cities. We pulled in our driveway somewhere around 12:30 in the morning.

Last edited:
Don't skydive. Wisconsin I have never lived in.
They used to tell stories of Tim Dwight jumping into the Wisconsin River from fifty foot cliffs up near Spring Green....

That's dangerous as F. I won't even canoe or kayak or jet ski on that river. It's more dangerous than the Mississippi. Silt comes down the river from sandstone cliffs in and north of the Dells and creates enormous sandbars that shift daily. And their dropoffs, eddy's and undercurrents shift daily as well.

It's a different river everyday and it's a death trap. People have drowned by wading one step too far and getting trapped UNDER sandbars. Quicksand is an issue as well.

It was a birthday present for my then sixteen year old. And what would have met tropical storm criteria that night in Central Illinois was on the way back, not on the way there. And it would have been the golden opportunity for you to show me shelter, hospitality, and dinner because we were driving through Champaign/Urbana at supper time. But you had already gone to bed. :)

I recall that evening however. I was gassing up at a Loves in LeRoy Illinois and the wind nearly ripped the door of my vehicle right off the hinges. We didn't hit dry weather until just outside the Quad Cities. We pulled in our driveway somewhere around 12:30 in the morning.
I was anticipating hearing from you. And of course you know I'm kidding about the Badgers. A bunch of my herd went to IL. One did go to grad school at Iowa.

So, the million bones questions are...
Do the Hawks suffer another incompetent shooting performance on the road?

Does Fran have a good, adaptable game plan for PS, TP and KM if PR is double teamed and the M’s can’t make shots?

If both occur, how long before I bail on the thread and quit watching what I can so accurately predict as an inevitable loss?

In terms of game planning for tonight and future contests, Head Coach Technical fouls that put your team down double digits making it virtually impossible to come back in the waning moments of a game....not exactly the best idea.

1677115189447.png

Does Fran have a good, adaptable game plan for PS, TP and KM if PR is double teamed and the M’s can’t make shots?

If both occur, how long before I bail on the thread and quit watching what I can so accurately predict as an inevitable loss?
Adapting,? This is Iowa. We do what we do.

I just saw a list of the top 50 facilities in CBB and Iowa ain’t cracking that anytime soon. Which has to change now that we have the new TV deal. It won’t, but should.

I just saw a list of the top 50 facilities in CBB and Iowa ain’t cracking that anytime soon. Which has to change now that we have the new TV deal. It won’t, but should.
Not if the students dont get the best seats.

Plus it's developed into a wrestling mecca.

I'm going to be watching for signs of fatigue. I've been concerned about the minutes some players have been logging.

Another issue is coaching. Greg usually outcoaches Fran in these matchups. Fran has to be on his game tonight

Something like that. Whisky looks bad to start. If the Hawks hit 3s I think they may actually get that road win

WOW.! Night and day effort by Kris, tonight. Very active and disruptive on D. Start scoring and he’s gonna have a monster game.
I know I want it more than any game left!!

Latest posts