*** OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: IOWA @ PITTSBURGH ***

The wussification of football is getting too much to take. If someone farts on a qb its a 15 yard penalty. Let them play its a rough game and yes sometimes people get hurt but the refs shouldnt be allowed to affect the outcome of games!

Last edited:
1. A ball that you have to leap for like Vandeberg did isn't underthrown.

2. No quarterback hits Vandeberg in stride on that play. Rudock put it right where it had to be for a completion.

It looked under thrown to me, Vandenberg had to slow down and jump to catch it over the defenders head behind him. Had the Pitt guy got his arms up or jumped also a likely incompletion or interception.

It looked to me like Vandenberg bailed out Rudock on that one, just my .02

Jake under threw Powell on that. He should have caught it but CJ put it out there.

Under threw? He had to reach out in front of himself, including making a longer stride to catch it. Jake threw it where only Powell could catch it. CJ's ball was floating and fluttering.

I realize everybody loves the backup QB when the offense is struggling, but without a change in offensive strategy, it doesn't matter who the QB is.

Dolph with editorial comment. "Willes and Powell in game now. Beathard has talent to throw to now." Way to be subtle.

Under threw? He had to reach out in front of himself, including making a longer stride to catch it. Jake threw it where only Powell could catch it. CJ's ball was floating and fluttering.

I realize everybody loves the backup QB when the offense is struggling, but without a change in offensive strategy, it doesn't matter who the QB is.
Go back and watch it again.

Latest posts