OFFICIAL FIRE TIM LESTER THREAD

Folks we have 44 pages to go.....As a uniform number, 44 is cool, filling out the broad backs of sluggers Hank Aaron, Reggie Jackson and Willie McCovey. Jerry West wore 44. So did George Gervin. And so, in the early '70s, did Pistol Pete Maravich, when that number was also attached to the most famous handgun of its day: Dirty Harry's. FIRE TIM (WICKED) LESTER
Well done.

A REFLECTION ON MID SEASON 2021

Its October 16th and I am going to prognosticate. This has been a wild first half of the season. The media said how great the defense is. And we all hoped the offense would improve.

My conclusion is in the absence of turnovers, this defense is good, not great. An Iowa defense if you will. And the offense is among the worst we've seen since 2012..maybe the same as 2012. Not for lack of talent but really because the O LIne is horrible. But what's new.

So Iowa will finish the season 8-4 with losses to Wisconsin, Minnesota and Nebraska. It-might be worse. This offense is that bad. They'll be one of the worst 8-4 teams in America

I've emotionally punched out. Not unlike Iowa basketball where I never emotionally punch in..as I know better.

Offense is really hard at Iowa. Average OLine play is really hard at Iowa .. it takes 3 years or so until people can play competitively...except that one all american they have every year.

Quarterback is really hard to play at Iowa. It takes 3 years or so until people can play competitively.

KF simply does not insist on good offense. Offense is KF's blind spot.

We are down to 43. The greatest football player to ever don the number 43 is Josey Fucking Jewell. FIRE TIM (WICKED) LESTER

Honorable mention on number 43 greats: Dennis Eckersley and R.A. Dickey. Still need to FIRE TIM (WICKED) LESTER