OFFICIAL FIRE TIM LESTER THREAD

We've got a guy who played o-line in the SEC who was born in 1980 at my firm. I called him a Millennial in front of our partners' meeting a couple of weeks ago and thought he was going to murder me. The meeting was sidetracked to confirm that the official start date of the Millennial generation is 1981 (ends in 1996) so I apologize for previously calling you a Millennial.

Your recollection of this catch line bailed you out.

I know a guy who was born in 1980 and he screams of Millennial. Your sure you aren't off by one year?

Sure. For one standard pkg of wings:

1/2 cup Louisiana sauce
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick, I usually go 5/8)
2 TBS worsterchire sauce

I like to grill my wings nice and brown over charcoal but anyway you want to cook them is fine.
This is what I do, but I put a couple tablespoons of maple syrup in too. Gives it a touch of sweet with the hot.

Sure. For one standard pkg of wings:

1/2 cup Louisiana sauce
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick, I usually go 5/8)
2 TBS worsterchire sauce

I like to grill my wings nice and brown over charcoal but anyway you want to cook them is fine.

So just toss and cook?

So just toss and cook?
I usually salt and pepper my wings, cook in smoker, grill or oven. Then pour the mixed/melted sauce on the hot wings and serve. I've also brushed it on while cooking but really don't do that anymore.

I usually salt and pepper my wings, cook in smoker, grill or oven. Then pour the mixed/melted sauce on the hot wings and serve. I've also brushed it on while cooking but really don't do that anymore.

I baked in the oven (I gave up on the hassle and mess of deep frying about a decade ago). I dried them out in the fridge for about 24 hours before cooking, and dusted with baking powder (and salt and pepper), and then cooked on lower rack at 250 for 30 min, and then upper rack at 425 for 40 min.

When they were done, I tossed in the sauce. I was actually really pleased with how they came out, and I will probably repeat at some point. https://www.recipetineats.com/truly...y-wings-cookbook/#wprm-recipe-container-19914

Thanks for the advice!

Does anyone here eat pho? I had it for lunch today and it was good.
Yep, I have had it. I liked it for the most part, but I have had bad pho too. Like any other oriental food choice I guess.

50 pages might be optimistic. Hell, we couldnt even get a game thread going for the mens MN game at home!

Does anyone here eat pho? I had it for lunch today and it was good.
My wife doesn't love it so haven't made it a staple. But 10-12 years ago a Vietnamese friend who worked in the Portland bar/restaurant industry took us on a tour of the best pho places. He was like try this cut with extra salt on it, try this one with fresh lime, etc. It was all damn good - even my wife loved it.

There used to be a lunch spot down the street from my office - What the Pho. Good name - food was pretty good, too.

50 pages might be optimistic. Hell, we couldnt even get a game thread going for the mens MN game at home!

It's only optimistic if you guys let me down. No topic in this Millennium has generated more fan interest in the Iowa fanbase than the OC role. It's been such a roller coaster ride.

My wife doesn't love it so haven't made it a staple. But 10-12 years ago a Vietnamese friend who worked in the Portland bar/restaurant industry took us on a tour of the best pho places. He was like try this cut with extra salt on it, try this one with fresh lime, etc. It was all damn good - even my wife loved it.

There used to be a lunch spot down the street from my office - What the Pho. Good name - food was pretty good, too.
Did you say extra salt, like on chicken meat!!?

Did you say extra salt, like on chicken meat!!?

If there's one thing I don't recommend, it is eating any sort of Asian broth and adding more salt to it before trying it. Pho, ramen, miso soup, etc., just trust the salt level on the first bite. I lived in Asia for almost two years and I can't think of an instance where I have ever thought to myself "you know what this soup needs? more salt."

Latest posts