!*****Official Conference USA Officiating Outback Bowl Thread*****!

There's just nothing nice to say ... Another ass-woop in a major bowl in front of the nation (well, those that are somehow still watching this horrible game).

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year.

Defense gave up 1 big play for a TD. The passing offense has been non existent...again. Defense has given the offense 3 legit shot at points.

But not an asskicking, yet.

Even with the two big plays given up and poor tackling on those 2 plays....the defense was pretty damn good overall.

The offense....J F C. Davis playcall from the 1 foot line...with them bringing the house....hand off 5 yards deep.

CJB has to audible out of that.......If anything call time out and regroup. It was a poor play call, but CJB has to recognize what he is seeing.

Can we shore up our tackling,we already knew our offense is only as good as our running game because our passing game sucks.

Half time moves...

#1...Put Stanly in...

#2...Fire Davis...let Stanly make calls

#3...Encourage defense to use fundamentals of tackling

I'm the official apologist for Parker and the D.

10 points ain't bad considering how much they've been on the field. And let's not forget - an offense is supposed to take advantage of turnovers from the D - not piss those opportunities aways

Florida has more talented players than we do. It was only a matter of time before they showed it. Iowa needs to take more advantage of their opportunities. 1 fg off two turnovers and a 1st and goal with zero points isn't going to get it done

This really should be a tied game. CJB was in for a Td, then after the bad spot a hands to the face call against Florida was missed. Iowa still appears to be the stronger team. Iowa gets the ball first and will start pushing Florida around and get back into the lead here. I also think that the Iowa defense will add a score.

Positive note number 2, I can finally have my New Year's Day back. Maybe my family can start a new Christmas Eve tradition of watching Hawkeye Bowl games

Maybe, hopefully the light bulb is coming on for Mends

That's such a BS narrative. He was number 1 and should have been on the field this year. Jim Reid raved about him.

Then you watch jokes like Bower who was the first person responsible on a 80 yard screen pass TD.

And we wonder why we cannot win a bowl game!

Florida has more talented players than we do. It was only a matter of time before they showed it. Iowa needs to take more advantage of their opportunities. 1 fg off two turnovers and a 1st and goal with zero points isn't going to get it done

Well, then it's time to exploit their aggressiveness, but we have Davis calling plays, so we lose anyway....his time has passed him by a long time ago......

Slow, white safeties is an Iowa staple. You cant just change that over night. Where else can we start those walk ons from Iowa? Dont want to piss off the Iowa HS coaches.

This really should be a tied game. CJB was in for a Td, then after the bad spot a hands to the face call against Florida was missed. Iowa still appears to be the stronger team. Iowa gets the ball first and will start pushing Florida around and get back into the lead here. I also think that the Iowa defense will add a score.
Wanna bet?

Well, then it's time to exploit their aggressiveness, but we have Davis calling plays, so we lose anyway....his time has passed him by a long time ago......

We also have to block and get open. A perfectly timed play action on first & 10 netted CJ about 2 seconds in the pocket. Disgraceful pass blocking.

You can tell we're angry when there are 50 posts upset with the commentator

Yeah, the end of the half didn't go well - LOL

I actually think they are pretty decent. Indiana fans had something to complain about. Those guys were relentless about Utah.

Latest posts