Offer your ideas: Offseason Football Topics

Maybe a weekly feature on a "significant" game of the past (going back as far as you want).

You could use the Fainting Irish game, Evy's first Big 10 win, the Iowa-ND game that was cancelled because of the JFK assassination, etc. It wouldn't even have to be strictly Iowa...it could involve any Big 10 team.

There are so many fans who don't know anything about Iowa football prior to Hayden Fry (or even Kirk Ferentz for that matter).

Maybe a weekly feature on a "significant" game of the past (going back as far as you want).

You could use the Fainting Irish game, Evy's first Big 10 win, the Iowa-ND game that was cancelled because of the JFK assassination, etc. It wouldn't even have to be strictly Iowa...it could involve any Big 10 team.

There are so many fans who don't know anything about Iowa football prior to Hayden Fry (or even Kirk Ferentz for that matter).

I like this idea. It's a good way to get younger fans more familar with the heritage of the program.

Hey Jon did I miss the unveiling of your recruiting idea for your site?

No, you did not. It has become something that conceptually, is bigger than what I originally had planned..and it's something that I think might be a genre changer, so I want to make sure I have it finished before starting it. I hope to have it in place this spring. Been a little fortunate that Iowa has had much of the recruiting hay in the barn since September.

No, you did not. It has become something that conceptually, is bigger than what I originally had planned..and it's something that I think might be a genre changer, so I want to make sure I have it finished before starting it. I hope to have it in place this spring. Been a little fortunate that Iowa has had much of the recruiting hay in the barn since September.

This has me as giddy with anticipation as the premier of Ishtar!!

J/K I'm really anxious to see the idea. Love the new web site.
________
SashaBusty

Last edited:
How about making a cyber calender featuring the Iowa Coaching staff posing in swim wear. You could put all kinds of cool "this date in Hawkeye history" stuff on it.

Jon I thought when this site began you had stated your job with the University was going to cause you to limit your recruiting content to after a player had signed a LOI?

Here's an idea..it might be lame though.I wish we could take Hayden era players best at the position vs. Ferentz era players best at the position and debate who would win in a game. I know me and the guys at work could talk about this for a long time. What do you think?

Jon I thought when this site began you had stated your job with the University was going to cause you to limit your recruiting content to after a player had signed a LOI?

I don't have a 'job' with the U. I write some articles for a few things they do, am an independent contractor.

That being said, there could be things down the line and the direct recruiting ties would have prohibited that.

We will NOT be contacting kids until they sign their LOI's, ever. But with the internet the way that it is, and what is available, and the style and approach we are going to take, I really think that what we are going to come up with could have a chance to turn the genre on its ear, and blaze a new trail. I could be wrong. If I am, it will still mean that Iowa fans will have a ton of information to view and read, for free, almost daily.

I don't have a 'job' with the U. I write some articles for a few things they do, am an independent contractor.

That being said, there could be things down the line and the direct recruiting ties would have prohibited that.

We will NOT be contacting kids until they sign their LOI's, ever. But with the internet the way that it is, and what is available, and the style and approach we are going to take, I really think that what we are going to come up with could have a chance to turn the genre on its ear, and blaze a new trail. I could be wrong. If I am, it will still mean that Iowa fans will have a ton of information to view and read, for free, almost daily.

Are you hiring out Deace to be in charge of the recruiting seeing how he enjoyed it so much at Cyclone Nation? LOL

Agree, I always enjoy reading Deace's stuff...not always right, and I don't always agree, but the guy puts a ton of time and thought into every article. And any weight training/fitness series would be great.

I remember when Hayden commented on people he felt would eventually be head coaches, including our current coach. I don't know if Kirk has ever expressed an opinion on anyone making a good head coach, but I would be interested in knowing who he thinks is destined to be a head coach. If he doesn't have an opinion then an article on any present or former Iowa connected coach or player that is destined to be a head coach would still be interested.

I like this idea, but I'm not sure how available they would be, but it would be nice to maybe have a weekly feature in the offseason on the assistant coaches. Nothing to personal but a quick bio about their background about playing days and coaching etc..with some type of interview and how they got to know KF and what it was about Iowa that made them want to come etc.....

I like this idea.

Also, I would be interested in knowing the role of each member of the coaching staff during a game. Who is in the box, who is on the sideline, who is KF listening to on the sideline, how often are adjustments made during the game on the sideline and is it KOK that addresses the O-line or coach morgan, etc. Who is KOK listening to upstairs, what do the coaches in the box look for and what info is relayed. How exactly are plays relayed to the qb? does kok say the play out loud and one of the two backup qbs signals to the qb on field while the other is a decoy? What exactly is a random play called in the huddle and how is that translated to what we see on the field? What is a typical halftime like in the locker room? I guess I'd like a behind-the-scenes of a typical game as it relates to the coaching staff.

How about a Haydens Craziest Stories type of thing. That man was probably the most colorful coach ever. Hell, my father and I both wear Aviators because of him. One day I'll have the 'stache too... just not brave enough to do it yet, or man enough to grow one, whatev.... :(

Latest posts