OC rumor

Put me in the camp that would not be excited for a 73 year old offensive coordinator. We go from a DC that can't go out and recruit to an OC that can't go out and recruit. No one here would even know who Tom Moore was had the Colts drafted Ryan Leaf instead of Peyton Manning. I would rather have Soup be promoted.

If KF went this route for a year or two, I don't think that would be a bad idea...because what would come with it would be the heir apparent at OC, whether or not it was acknowledged at the time of the hire...like if a Tom Moore came in with a Brian Ferentz as OL coach...let Brian have some responsibilities with the offense...then in a couple years, OC.

That said, I doubt it would happen.

Agree with this. Learn from the master and let the youngster take over in a couple years. Kick *** as a coordinator and then Brian F. will be head coach in 7-8 years.

If KF went this route for a year or two, I don't think that would be a bad idea...because what would come with it would be the heir apparent at OC, whether or not it was acknowledged at the time of the hire...like if a Tom Moore came in with a Brian Ferentz as OL coach...let Brian have some responsibilities with the offense...then in a couple years, OC.

It pry wasn't even him. It was pry some old dude who escaped from a home and was wondering around IC lost.

Really thou I dont see a problem with it. He would be fine for a few years yet and if he can't recruit as hard, so be it, I bet he can bring in some quality players in the ones he does recruit.

Last edited:
I don't really know much about who this dude is. However, it seems like this would be a good time to shake up the playbook/offensive strategy a bit. Is it possible he's doing some consulting with the new OC (Soup?). Trying to show him some ins and outs.

Look at it this way. He's more than likely fit his own motor home to take on recruiting trips, and would "love to see the countryside". So it's a win win for the U!

It was probably him. I have a friend who has a friend, who is security at LaGuardia airport and said that he came through his TSA row and his ticket destination was CR. The friend of a friend is not a Hawk fan, but struck up a brief conversation since he recognized him, and Moore said something about Iowa City, IA.

You cannot buy information this solid!

Something similar to this scenario is exactly what I am hoping for. Although, I would prefer someone who would want to be a HC in 3-4 years. Then Brian could take over. That said, the Tom Moore route might be better, considering the experience and knowledge he has.

Gotta laugh at the love of nepotism on this board. There are guys on the offensive staff that have put in decades of coaching, but you guys want a kid whose claim to fame is coaching two guys who no coach could have stopped from being successful on a unit designed for them to shine. Seriously, give any half decent position coach Gronk and Hernandez with Brady throwing the ball in the hoodie's offense and you get the same results.

So why do you want him? He is KF's kid!

What is this? Freaking Tommy Boy?! This is not the family freaking business! It is major conference football. Sure, it might be fine to talk about BF coming to learn how to coach line under his Dad, but to leapfrog the other offensive coaches to become OC anytime soon is just ridiculous.

Gotta laugh at the love of nepotism on this board. There are guys on the offensive staff that have put in decades of coaching, but you guys want a kid whose claim to fame is coaching two guys who no coach could have stopped from being successful on a unit designed for them to shine. Seriously, give any half decent position coach Gronk and Hernandez with Brady throwing the ball in the hoodie's offense and you get the same results.

So why do you want him? He is KF's kid!

What is this? Freaking Tommy Boy?! This is not the family freaking business! It is major conference football. Sure, it might be fine to talk about BF coming to learn how to coach line under his Dad, but to leapfrog the other offensive coaches to become OC anytime soon is just ridiculous.

It wasn't an ideal situation with Big Tom's passing but I believe it worked out pretty well for Callahan Auto Parts in the end. Sometimes you don't know what people are capable of until you thrust them into a high pressure situation.

If Kirk thinks Brian can do a good job, then I'll take the butcher's word for it.

Gotta laugh at the love of nepotism on this board. There are guys on the offensive staff that have put in decades of coaching, but you guys want a kid whose claim to fame is coaching two guys who no coach could have stopped from being successful on a unit designed for them to shine. Seriously, give any half decent position coach Gronk and Hernandez with Brady throwing the ball in the hoodie's offense and you get the same results. So why do you want him? He is KF's kid! What is this? Freaking Tommy Boy?! This is not the family freaking business! It is major conference football. Sure, it might be fine to talk about BF coming to learn how to coach line under his Dad, but to leapfrog the other offensive coaches to become OC anytime soon is just ridiculous.
It wasn't an ideal situation with Big Tom's passing but I believe it worked out pretty well for Callahan Auto Parts in the end. Sometimes you don't know what people are capable of until you thrust them into a high pressure situation. If Kirk thinks Brian can do a good job, then I'll take the butcher's word for it.

CH hating on Ferentz. I am shocked.

Latest posts