Now That The Vast Majority

I'm in favor of a coaching change but I've seen nothing to indicate Barta or Mason would pull the trigger. Don't they work for KF?

Ehhh, do not know if I am buying this anymore. KF is effing himself by forcing Barta/Mason to grow a pair. KF survives this season, but that seat will be scolding Will Muschamp hot come 2015. I know a lot has to play out, but that 2015 ISU game already feels like a loss.

Ehhh, do not know if I am buying this anymore. KF is effing himself by forcing Barta/Mason to grow a pair. KF survives this season, but that seat will be scolding Will Muschamp hot come 2015. I know a lot has to play out, but that 2015 ISU game already feels like a loss.

If he makes a bowl game and they happen to win his seat is still ice cold. Barta loves Kirk.

I don't like this mentality. I understand it, but we can't hold onto a coach because we are afraid we can't do any better. That's just saying we are ok with with being mediocre. And that where the program is right now, mediocre. We had a great run 10 years ago. KF has been rewarded for that. Now we get excited about an 8-4 season with a weak schedule. Iowa has been and can be better than that.
Yes, we could make a bad hire. But we could make a great one too.

That's my philosophy, too. I also realize that things may not work out, but if the current guy isn't getting it done, then I'm OK with rolling the dice and taking our chances on the next guy rather than status quo. That said, I'm not sold on the judgment ability of our current AD to get the right guy.

I'm not one to whine about KF's salary, but it really does start to become relevant. Do you pay the high buyout, or is it even more expensive to keep paying him $3.5-$4M indefinitely just to go 6-6 or 7-5 when you could probably do just as well over the long run at half the price, or less?

You have quite an imagination. You start by telling me my opinion lacks
logic then go on for four paragraphs of pure speculation citing the occasional
"I talked with some people" anecdotal evidence which, of course, you can't
even prove.

The first piece of logic is this... the vast majority of Hawk fans aren't so immature
and emotionally unstable that they feel need to rant publicly, yet anonymously, about
the doings of college kids.

The ones who are concerned aren't so arrogant as to think they know every little
detail and nuance of how things actually work in big time college athletics.

I come here because you guys are so amusing....

Now hit that thumbs down and pretend to be smart!

Most people in everyday life might not voice their opinions as strongly as people on here but it doesn't mean they don't think it. If the question is "is the percentage of 'anti Kirk' people higher with people on message boards than with people off them" then the answer is an easy no.

You have quite an imagination. You start by telling me my opinion lacks
logic then go on for four paragraphs of pure speculation citing the occasional
"I talked with some people" anecdotal evidence which, of course, you can't
even prove.

The first piece of logic is this... the vast majority of Hawk fans aren't so immature
and emotionally unstable that they feel need to rant publicly, yet anonymously, about
the doings of college kids.

The ones who are concerned aren't so arrogant as to think they know every little
detail and nuance of how things actually work in big time college athletics.

I come here because you guys are so amusing....

Now hit that thumbs down and pretend to be smart!

There is zero logic in your theory, just pure opinion based on your own emotions.

I never said I was basing my stance on talking to any one else just pure logic that there is no common denominator of people posting on the internet that would some how delineate them from the whole.

This a random cross section, just like a poll would be. There are all different economic backgrounds, occupations, political views and religions.

Were the same people who came on here and defended Ferentz for the last 5 years immature then? Or just now because they have changed their minds?

I guarantee that if Iowa fired KF...no Stoops brother would touch the job....they are all tight with KF. Mark would be the one I want right now, as he is showing himself to be a great recruiter, beating OSU for some Ohio kids. But, even with Mark, he has a redshirt frosh QB right now, Toles, who could be Dak Prescott in a couple of years, and so he probably will want to stick around UK to see the fruits of his recruiting labors.

I would prefer we fire Barta and get a strong AD in place who will actually be Kirk's boss. Maybe if he knows he could be fired something will change. I'd sit him down and say win a big ten title next year or you're gone.

I agree with this. I have no faith that Barta would hire the right coach anyway. We need an AD that will hold a coach accountable for horrible losses as well.

Not sure I really want Sally and GarBar to have the responsibility of "pulling the pin". They'd drop the grenade and we all get fragged. We're in a lose-lose situation here. Ferentz needs to be gone, but the other two need to be out of here first, cuz they will F up the next hire.

Exactly, I might finally be moving over to the "Ferentz needs to go camp"....But I have 0 confidence Barta/Mason won't screw this up big time. Can we fire them first? I really feel like we are about 1 bad hire from being ISU of eastern Iowa.

Most people in everyday life might not voice their opinions as strongly as people on here but it doesn't mean they don't think it. If the question is "is the percentage of 'anti Kirk' people higher with people on message boards than with people off them" then the answer is an easy no.

An easy no? Really? Please cite your source for the data supporting this "fact"

There is zero logic in your theory, just pure opinion based on your own emotions.

I never said I was basing my stance on talking to any one else just pure logic that there is no common denominator of people posting on the internet that would some how delineate them from the whole.

This a random cross section, just like a poll would be. There are all different economic backgrounds, occupations, political views and religions.

Were the same people who came on here and defended Ferentz for the last 5 years immature then? Or just now because they have changed their minds?

Once again you start off by saying my "theory" is just opinion lacking
any logical basis... and... once again... you do nothing but speculate that
your position must certainly be correct yet you cite no basis for that
assumption. other than, of course, your speculation on the demographic
make up of the forum membership. Perhaps you could link me to the stats
verifying your claim.

As for the use of the term immature you clearly could use some remedial
training in reading comprehension. Go back and read the original passage
and identify your error.

An easy no? Really? Please cite your source for the data supporting this "fact"

I don't know if there's a source for common sense. Just think about it for awhile. If you polled 100 people off the street and 100 people off a message board on their opinion of Kirk, why would the results be any different between the 2?

Unfortunately Barta gave Kirk one of the best iron clad contracts in sports. While I am not going to call for Kirk's head, I will say it is tough to watch us become an average program. The Hawks won't see a favorable schedule like this in the foreseeable future... So notching 9 or 10 wins should have been attainable. Now, we could easily finish with 7 wins. I personally believe change can be good. Sixteen years in one place is a long time. Continuity is good but can also hinder you because you can get comfortable doing things the way you have always done the ... While the world around you changes. We are simply not progressing as a program. We once used to be where MSU is now. Today, we are more like Minnesota. And that is disheartening ...

Once again you start off by saying my "theory" is just opinion lacking
any logical basis... and... once again... you do nothing but speculate that
your position must certainly be correct yet you cite no basis for that
assumption. other than, of course, your speculation on the demographic
make up of the forum membership. Perhaps you could link me to the stats
verifying your claim.

As for the use of the term immature you clearly could use some remedial
training in reading comprehension. Go back and read the original passage
and identify your error.

You are the one who first suggested the consensus on this board is not representative of the whole fan base. Why?

The burden of proof is on you to back up your claim.

All Ive done is point out the faulty logic and lack of evidence to your claim. I challange you to provide any sort of evidence to suggest your opinion is correct.

Other wise it should simply be assumed that a random sampling of people dont share any specific bias.

As for immature, you used that term to describe people who post their opinios OF THE COACH online, for no other reason than they post them on line. You attempted to create a straw man by bringing in the players but thats clearly not what is being disscused. I simply asked if it was all people or just ones who you disagree with?

Latest posts