Now Maybe You Can Understand Why the Iowa-ISU Series Didn't Happen for 43 Years

ChosenChildren

I have been watching Iowa basketball and football closely since 1963, but I can never remember a closing to a game that was more tense than the ending of last night's basketball game against Iowa State. The actions of Coach Prohm and his players were surprising, to say the least. I admire the wisdom of the Iowa crowd, players and coaches to just get off the floor and out of the arena. That could have turned into a full-fledged brawl very easily, because it was obvious that the idiot Prohm and his players were trying to instigate something.

I have zero respect now for Prohm and his players. Zero. Ridiculous lack of control, poise or judgment exhibited by that coaching staff and players. I was just stunned at how Prohm conducted himself that entire game. There really should be sanctions from the Big 12.

I have been watching Iowa basketball and football closely since 1963, but I can never remember a closing to a game that was more tense than the ending of last night's basketball game against Iowa State. The actions of Coach Prohm and his players were surprising, to say the least. I admire the wisdom of the Iowa crowd, players and coaches to just get off the floor and out of the arena. That could have turned into a full-fledged brawl very easily, because it was obvious that the idiot Prohm and his players were trying to instigate something.

I have zero respect now for Prohm and his players. Zero. Ridiculous lack of control, poise or judgment exhibited by that coaching staff and players. I was just stunned at how Prohm conducted himself that entire game. There really should be sanctions from the Big 12.

To be fair to Prohm, he did apologize after the game and seemed to legitimately regret the way he acted.

On the other hand...Jacobson is a total douchebag.

Fran's desire to get his team off of the floor as quickly as possible were totally understandable.

And then for ISU's idiot fans to claim that Iowa didn't exhibit good sportsmanship after the game by not shaking hands is just totally laughable.

Just accept the loss like men. You were outplayed, outhustled and outcoached.

The famous Lafester Rhodes game in 1987 got chippy at the end with Johnny Orr going after Gary Close in the handshake line.

Orr added more fuel to the fire in 1989 when Ray Thompson got arrested for public intox downtown the night before a game. Davis basically slapped Thompson on the wrist. Orr said he would have dismissed Thompson from the team (right)

As for the game itself, Terry Woods stripped Troy Skinner, converted, and got Skinner's face as James Moses brought it up the court the next time. He should have got in Ray Thompson's face instead. After all, Thompson, in a close Iowa win, only went off for 33 points.

Relax.

The thing was so overblown. The players honestly handled better than the coaches. Bohannon and Cook weren’t even agitated Baer grabbed Cmac. Jacobsen and Shayok were being fools no question. But everything that ensued after that was a nothingburger. There was no all out brawl going to take place.

Fran was right to not shake hands. Prohm apologized. It wasn’t that big of a deal. Adds to the rivalry. Move on.

The famous Lafester Rhodes game in 1987 got chippy at the end with Johnny Orr going after Gary Close in the handshake line.

Orr added more fuel to the fire in 1989 when Ray Thompson got arrested for public intox downtown the night before a game. Davis basically slapped Thompson on the wrist. Orr said he would have dismissed Thompson from the team (right)

As for the game itself, Terry Woods stripped Troy Skinner, converted, and got Skinner's face as James Moses brought it up the court the next time. He should have got in Ray Thompson's face instead. After all, Thompson, in a close Iowa win, only went off for 33 points.

My dad f'ing hated Troy Skinner. I don't remember my dad swearing much around me when I was a kid, but I distinctly remember a bunch of "J.F.C. Skinner" being thrown out there.

Relax.

The thing was so overblown. The players honestly handled better than the coaches. Bohannon and Cook weren’t even agitated Baer grabbed Cmac. Jacobsen and Shayok were being fools no question. But everything that ensued after that was a nothingburger. There was no all out brawl going to take place.

Fran was right to not shake hands. Prohm apologized. It wasn’t that big of a deal. Adds to the rivalry. Move on.

This is still comedy gold

To be fair to Prohm, he did apologize after the game and seemed to legitimately regret the way he acted.

On the other hand...Jacobson is a total douchebag.

Jacobosen also admitted he should not have been slapping at the ball.

Yeah the end of the game stuff was uncessary - but you guys are cracking my shit up.

Nothing was as dramatic as anyone is making it (probably on both boards)

My dad f'ing hated Troy Skinner. I don't remember my dad swearing much around me when I was a kid, but I distinctly remember a bunch of "J.F.C. Skinner" being thrown out there.
Troy Skinner had a scholarship to play point at Iowa, he was like a little kid playing with men.

Never forget the UNLV game with Skinner trying to bring the ball up the floor - it was like Kramer in Seinfeld “dominating the dojo”against 6th Graders. It was awful.

Tom Davis gets a pass on here, but he sucked at recruiting save for some of Bruce Pearls, ahem, gems.

Yeah the end of the game stuff was uncessary - but you guys are cracking my shit up.

The clocks running down CMac standing there holding the ball. Two Clowns are chopping and then Jacobsen pops the ball out....who does that?

A dbag punk does that.
It was nothing, but it IS the kind of craptastic bush league move that CAN incite punches being thrown.

Hawkeye State

It wasn't that "dramatic" but it shows you the kind of person Jacobson is. Before halftime he intentionally shouldered Moss, then at the end of the game down 14 he slaps the ball out of Connor's hands. He's just a douchebag. Its like these morons don't realize there are hundreds of cameras on them at all times.

It wasn't that "dramatic" but it shows you the kind of person Jacobson is. Before halftime he intentionally shouldered Moss, then at the end of the game down 14 he slaps the ball out of Connor's hands. He's just a douchebag. Its like these morons don't realize there are hundreds of cameras on them at all times.
Jacobsen acted like a tool last night no question but I don’t think it makes him instantly a d-bag or of terrible character.

It’s two hours in a very hyper-active situation. He apologized let’s move on.

Kriener looked like a royal D-bag when he dunked it at the end of that game at MSG. Does that make him a D-bag going forward?

Jacobsen acted like a tool last night no question but I don’t think it makes him instantly a d-bag or of terrible character.

Kriener looked like a royal D-bag when he dunked it at the end of that game at MSG. Does that make him a D-bag going forward?
From Waukee>Nebraska>ISU his bag of douceness has traveled well.

Yeah...the Kriener dunk was pretty douchey, but he's my douche, and I like my douches. Jacob Jaacks was a special kind of douche, but he was our douche.

I just wanted to see how many times I could say douche in one post. douche

Then you weren’t watching