Now Maybe You Can Understand Why the Iowa-ISU Series Didn't Happen for 43 Years

Didn't Skinner follow BJ at the point. Troy was an average player and took his lumps for it. BJ was the best point guard we have had since Ronny Lester and both of them took the Hawks to heights that haven't been duplicated up to now.....

:cool:

Which goes to show that Fran isnt accomplishing much until he gets top point guard. Andre Woolridge was very close to getting the hawks to the final 8 so dont forget him.

Alford had a very good pt guard in Dean Oliver recruited by Davis I think. Oliver had great handles, a very nice jumper, penetrating abilites and assist making skills.

Cant understand Fran not being able to land at least a top 4* pt guard. Gesell had many good attributes, handles, passing, setting up assist angles and teamates, defense ok, he could penetrate but we all remember that if he could only finish much better at the rim he would have scored another 300 career points on layups. plus he didnt have the consistent jumper. If Gesell could have been a better scorer those teams would have held together

Which goes to show that Fran isnt accomplishing much until he gets top point guard. Andre Woolridge was very close to getting the hawks to the final 8 so dont forget him.

Alford had a very good pt guard in Dean Oliver recruited by Davis I think. Oliver had great handles, a very nice jumper, penetrating abilites and assist making skills.

Cant understand Fran not being able to land at least a top 4* pt guard. Gesell had many good attributes, handles, passing, setting up assist angles and teamates, defense ok, he could penetrate but we all remember that if he could only finish much better at the rim he would have scored another 300 career points on layups. plus he didnt have the consistent jumper. If Gesell could have been a better scorer those teams would have held together
It's a mystery to me why Gessell couldn't finish at the rim better. He had the best leaping ability of any point guard we've had since Andre Banks (who really wasn't a point guard). Maybe he simply lost sight of the rim at some point, a bad habit some point guards never outgrow.

I've seen eighth, ninth, tenth grade kids make seemingly overnight improvements in their game when in reality all they were doing was going to the rim with a little more control, absorbing the physical contact, and keeping their eye on the rim.

Then you obviously didn't watch the game, there was a powderkeg of trash talking, rough play, and frustration that was really close to going off. Conner was about two seconds from throwing a punch which ISU players were waiting for. It would have gotten ugly. The ISU bench was already on the floor, Cook and the Iowa bench would have cleared as well.
Hahaha. Nobody out there had any inclination of punching someone or fighting. Even when Pemsl stepped in the first half he pushed Jacobson and then took three steps backward and looked over at our bench.

Wooldridge pretty much carried that team. He was a beast! Absolutely hosed on B1G POY.

Yeah...the Kriener dunk was pretty douchey, but he's my douche, and I like my douches. Jacob Jaacks was a special kind of douche, but he was our douche.

I just wanted to see how many times I could say douche in one post. douche
s2zDZMo.gif

Year after year after year. We get Maishe Dailey... dribbles into a double team with his head down. Sheesh

It's a mystery to me why Gessell couldn't finish at the rim better. He had the best leaping ability of any point guard we've had since Andre Banks (who really wasn't a point guard). Maybe he simply lost sight of the rim at some point, a bad habit some point guards never outgrow.

I've seen eighth, ninth, tenth grade kids make seemingly overnight improvements in their game when in reality all they were doing was going to the rim with a little more control, absorbing the physical contact, and keeping their eye on the rim.

You are right about his ups and he was noted as having about the best vertical and if you remember when Gesell went off for about 20 points when the hawks beat N Carolina at there place. Gesell finished off the game after a steal on an exclamation point one handed dunk. Do you remember?

I think he either needed some coaching or convincing on how to get that last step a little longer or take another step or do a jump stop and explode to the rim when he drove at the basket because he mostly launched the ball from 2 feet below the rim when he could of at least just dropped it over the rim.