Nothing will change. Anyone disagree?

UrbandaleHawk01

I'd be willing to bet absolutely no offseason changes will be made and Iowa runs the exact same scheme offensively and defensively next season.

Sad but true, imo.

Yup - the sad thing is KF has been living on the edge ever since 2004, but we all by into it hook line etc..

I'd be willing to bet absolutely no offseason changes will be made and Iowa runs the exact same scheme offensively and defensively next season.

Sad but true, imo.

You are correct in this assessment. Hey, we're just Iowa, we should be pleased with 7-5. Didn't you know that back in the 70s we never had a winning record? You see, that makes it OK to terribly underperform now.

One thing that may change next year is my purchase of season tickets.

Because frankly I'm sick of laying down serious money and dragging my @$$ to Iowa City to watch the same old stale crap.

No doubt. Wholesale changes needed. I mean, we were only 11-2 just last year. 9 wins previous year? Just by the math, we should have 13 in the barn. Unacceptable.

Kick the bums out.

Not enough blitzing.

Too predictable.

Norm's system is antiquated.

KOK's name is really KK.

KF is overpaid.

The QB never progresses.

We need a QB coach.

......Ok, back to reality.

This team was gutted this year on D - LBs to thin to start with, then a rash of injuries. Same on RB and offense was doing well until we lost two guards v. MSU. Do you think losing Norm for the year makes a difference? I do - but now people are saying the guy needs fired. Yeah, he only lost both lower legs this season.

Does anybody remember the players we lost from last years' team? Angerer, Spievey, Edds, Bulaga, Calloway. Now All earning NFL money. and we were a point away from WI, 3 from OSU........ A few people say 12-0 and now we are jumping off cliffs.

How'd firing Tom Davis work?? This football staff really needs to take it to the next level. 4 top 10 finishes in the last 10 years isn't cutting the mustard.

Incorrect ... I think that there will be changes ... just targeted ones. We won't see sweeping changes.

However, how much change is necessary for a team that just won a Orange Bowl coming off of one of the most difficult schedules in college football? Furthermore, from 2008 to 2010 we haven't lost by more than a score. That isn't necessarily a sign that the problems with the program are all that huge.

Fans who didn't see our LBs having difficulties in the game simply haven't been paying attention. It wasn't something that was just going to go away.

No doubt. Wholesale changes needed. I mean, we were only 11-2 just last year. 9 wins previous year? Just by the math, we should have 13 in the barn. Unacceptable.

Kick the bums out.

Not enough blitzing.

Too predictable.

KOK's name is really KK.

KF is overpaid.

The QB never progresses.

We need a QB coach.

This team was gutted this year on D - LBs to thin to start with, then a rash of injuries. Same on RB and offense was doing well until we lost two guards v. MSU. Do you think losing Norm for the year makes a difference? I do - but now people are saying the guy needs fired. Yeah, he only lost both lower legs this season.

Does anybody remember the players we lost from last years' team? Angerer, Spievey, Edds, Bulaga, Calloway. Now All earning NFL money. and we were a point away from WI, 3 from OSU........ A few people say 12-0 and now we are jumping off cliffs.

How'd firing Tom Davis work?? This football staff really needs to take it to the next level. 4 top 10 finishes in the last 10 years isn't cutting the mustard.

Thanks for being the voice of reason.

As an outsider, I think it would be crazy to change much in the program. It's still a good program.

That said, I think the offense could be a little less predictable, and Ferentz could be a little more fiery (not in the Pelini way, but act like a game's going on once and a while).

There's not much difference between 10-2 and 7-5. Just little adjustments here and there. No need to gut the program.

Sad but true, imo.

absolutely agree. KF will talk about "evaluating the staff" after the season but as soon as the ink was dry on that lifetime contract, he knew he was untouchable.

Kick the bums out.

Not enough blitzing.

Too predictable.

KOK's name is really KK.

KF is overpaid.

The QB never progresses.

We need a QB coach.

I would ask you why a good coach cannot adjust scheme to fit his personnel? I understand the system works when the pieces fit.

Also I didn't mean changes by necessarily firing people. But it would be great to hear Ferentz come out and say we're going to experiment with some different packages this year and maybe go after the quarterback a bit. Of course hearing Ferentz say anything worthwhile at a press conference would be nice

How'd firing Tom Davis work??

Yawn. How boring it is to see people bring this up over and over and over again.

Guess what, folks, college football isn't exactly the same game it was 12 years ago when Ferentz arrived.

Other coaches change and adapt with the times, Ferentz pretty much refuses to.

Kick the bums out.

Not enough blitzing.

Too predictable.

KOK's name is really KK.

KF is overpaid.

The QB never progresses.

We need a QB coach.

A lot of teams lose players to the NFL and still have a great team the next year. Our D was gutted? I don't agree with that. Yes we lost some LB's, but we had experience with Hunter and Morris is a good one. Injuries hurt too, but we had the guys to make plays. It just didn't happen this year.

I don't expect sweeping changes nor want them. But I do want them to seriously evaluate their game day adjustments and how to plug in some different D schemes to throw the O a little. How many times do we have to hear, "Iowa doesn't give a lot of different looks, you know exactly what to expect". Football can't be predictable. I understand solid fundamentals but you HAVE to be able to switch it up some. At Iowa, it seems, we are the best at making an opposing QB get comfortable.

I agree with everything said above. No reason to completely change directions, look how well that worked at Michigan...

But I believe some of the losses can be attributed to coaching, and I guess the good thing is it should all be correctable. Clock management, 2-minute offensive play calling and decision making, and learning from fake special teams play. I mean before the Minny game even started my dad and I both thought Iowa should be on the look out for fake punts, FG, etc and sure enough an on-side kick shows up.

The staff has been out-coached in several games, and that is not something that has happened in the past so I believe that will get fixed. KOK has called great and terrible games, but it seems like creativity has really gone to an all time low this year. And the times he has tried to be creative, the play has been blown up. I mean Chaney can't catch a pass to save his life so naturally when he is in the game there is a good chance of an end around. I know DJK got it in the Minny game, but in games past.

I will still buy season tickets, I will still go watch and support the Hawkeyes, but like everyone else is feeling today it SUCKS right now. Hopefully the coaching staff makes some adjustments and brings home an 8th win.

We just need to add a few wrinkles to what we do is all. Whether or not this staff will do that remains to be seen, but we don't need wholesale changes at this point. Just a few mild tweaks in philosophy/schemes, according to the opponent.

Sad but true, imo.

Man I hope you're right. They've been doing the same thing for 12 year's now. Hmm. They won 11 games in 02. They had three straight season of 10 wins. A couple down years. But then come back with a 9 win season and 11 win season. Sounds pretty good to me. I wouldn't be surprised if they have an unexpected 9-11 win season next year.

i for one would hope that they'll finally focus on clock management and the 2 min drill. we'll never know if that happens though. it would be nice to get some more DB's up to speed so that we can bring in the nickel more if we are looking thin at LB experience/coverage skills next year.

Disagree. There will be changes on the defensive side of the ball, potentially special teams. Not likely to be a house cleaning. With the money comes responsibilty, yes to an entire state. If KF can't take that and change, he will leave and should. He may be stale here as well. If someone offered you a $3 million / yr gift, you would take it as well, but he better earn it.

Losing is one thing. No confidence and less effort won't fly anywhere.

Kick the bums out.

Not enough blitzing.

Too predictable.

KOK's name is really KK.

KF is overpaid.

The QB never progresses.

We need a QB coach.

You're wasting your time making sense to this bunch of losers.

That said, I think the offense could be a little less predictable

Vandenburg is a single threat, basically a drop-back passer. We will see the same plays, nothing will change on offense. As long as Iowa's QB is a pocket passer, there will never be any new plays, but will see the same pro-sets, and little roll outs by the QB.

GlidingHawk

You're wasting your time making sense to this bunch of losers.

Nice globalization there buddy. The only person who mentioned these "wholesale changes" was a poster arguing against the original idea of this thread.

The changes I'd like - and I think most people are talking about - are from a philosophical standpoint. Would like to see Ferentz throw out some different looks every now and then. Make it tough for the opponent to prepare for the Hawks. Aren't you sick and tired to letting the Big 10 bottom dwellers hang around and often times beat Iowa? How does Iowa come a point away from beating Wiscy and then lose games to N'western, Minny, and should have lost to Indiana as well. Coaching figures in there somewhere

Latest posts