Nothing will change. Anyone disagree?

i for one would hope that they'll finally focus on clock management and the 2 min drill. we'll never know if that happens though. it would be nice to get some more DB's up to speed so that we can bring in the nickel more if we are looking thin at LB experience/coverage skills next year.

Castillo, Lowe, Miller, Lowery, Bernstine, nielsen(nick) are all DB(s) with game experience if iowa wanted to try a little more nickel moving forward.

I think the OP is correct. If we have any changes next year, it will only be out of necessity to have a new DC due to Norm's health. But KOK will most certainly be back next year. Bank on it. I wouldn't expect any scheme changes or tweaks, either. I think the 2011 edition of the Hawkeyes will look just like 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, etc. We have had poor offenses most years since 2002, and what has been tweaked? I don't see why things would change after THIS particular year. I truly believe that KF honestly believes our current schemes and philosophies really do give us the best possible chance to win.

Last edited:
No doubt. Wholesale changes needed. I mean, we were only 11-2 just last year. 9 wins previous year?

How'd firing Tom Davis work?? This football staff really needs to take it to the next level. 4 top 10 finishes in the last 10 years isn't cutting the mustard.

What relevance to football does basketball have?

Yes. We are Iowa. We are the underdog. In life, business, politics,education, air travel. We are average, down-home middle of the pack blue collar flyover people. The Hawkeyes are a reflection of the people of our state. We shouldn't expect any better because we're Iowa.

I am sick and tired of this downtrodden attitude, and it seems to be pervasive (happens in business too). I want a coach that is competant, but also says ******** to all that. "We are Iowa. Let's show the rest of the world that we cannot be ignored, are not a bunch of flyovers, that we are more talented than the stars beside our name. This is a war of perception that can only be won by bleeding with your teammates on the battlefield. We may lose the game, but it will never be because our opponents were the better men. Go out there and fight, fight, fight for yourselves, your teammates, your school, and the great people of the state whose name your jersey's bear. Let them know this: WE ARE IOWA!"

As an outsider, I think it would be crazy to change much in the program. It's still a good program.

That said, I think the offense could be a little less predictable, and Ferentz could be a little more fiery (not in the Pelini way, but act like a game's going on once and a while).

There's not much difference between 10-2 and 7-5. Just little adjustments here and there. No need to gut the program.
The guy is right.

If we were losing by 10+ point margins, this is whole different thing. Losing sucks, losing the WAY we are losing is even worse. But the level of injuries did make a difference, especially on defense. Combine the loss of personel with the injuries on defense, our line and safeties were asked to carry the defense, and they did a pretty good job, it's just so easy to see the gaps when we lost every game in the 4th quarter, when memory and scrutiny is at its peak.

I still stay decision making, execution of the offense was the biggest issue. Yes, we had 2-3 major coaching mistakes, that likely cost us 1 or possible 2 games.

You are correct in this assessment. Hey, we're just Iowa, we should be pleased with 7-5. Didn't you know that back in the 70s we never had a winning record? You see, that makes it OK to terribly underperform now.

One thing that may change next year is my purchase of season tickets.

Because frankly I'm sick of laying down serious money and dragging my @$$ to Iowa City to watch the same old stale crap.

By all means, if that is the kind of fan you are, please keep your money in your pocket and stay at home. Better yet, why don't you become a fan of Ohio State? They should have enough of a winning season record to be worth spending your money on.

It seems the real problems started after the Michigan St. game. Won, but played poorly against Indy...the rest you know. Any thoughts about this? Problems in the locker room, etc?

Yawn. How boring it is to see people bring this up over and over and over again.

Guess what, folks, college football isn't exactly the same game it was 12 years ago when Ferentz arrived.

Other coaches change and adapt with the times, Ferentz pretty much refuses to.

Maybe so, but it is just as boring to see people whining over and over about bad coaches, no changes, blah, blah, blah. I understand the need to vent, but why can't people just vent and move on? Does the continual whining over and over and over, really make you feel better because it sure isn't going to change anything anyway.

Vandenburg is a single threat, basically a drop-back passer. We will see the same plays, nothing will change on offense. As long as Iowa's QB is a pocket passer, there will never be any new plays, but will see the same pro-sets, and little roll outs by the QB.

GlidingHawk

Are you serious? what Iowa team to you watch?

We roll out plenty.

Yet, you are on a message board whining about the comments others posters make.

To use your words: "because it sure isn't going to change anything anyway".

If you want to call it whining, fine, but I call it a response to your post stating my feelings. If I were to post this same thing over again another 10 times then yes, I would call that whining and pointless. I happen to be one of the fans that lived through some of the bad years and while I realize football has changed a lot, I don't think stopping to realize where you come from and appreciating where you are now has anything to do with change. I also have seen the "grass is greener" scenario backfire one too many times, and I hope and pray that this isn't something you have to experience again (if you are a basketball fan) firsthand.

No changes will be made on the coaching staff or the schemes on either side of the ball.

Kirk is making a lot of money doing what he is doing. Why change?

Latest posts