Nothing changes but....

The thing is I wasn't trying to be a jerk or anything with the original post. I was simply stating that even though Iowa won today they still have a long way to go with a very poor QB. Ghost just has a problem accepting it.

Absolutely true, we played a slow, crappy Gopher team today who at times had nearly 11 defenders within ten yards of the line of scrimmage and still couldn't stop the run. When we play teams with half way legit talent running the ball will become much more difficult. The Hawks will then be turning to JVB who 5 games into his senior year and with 20 overall starts has thrown 2 total TDs on the year. Unfortunately, he just isn't as talented as past Iowa QBs and this is hurting our team. I pull for the guy each week because as I sit in Kinnick he takes more heat then any Hawk in a long time. To bad he just isn't uber talented and it just is what it is. The Hawks will have to find a way to overcome this if they want to have a bowling type year.

Iowa has:

A very solid run blocking O line
A solid back
A decent defense
A good kicker
A really shaky, nervous QB who plays tight and cannot exploit defenses throwing CB blitzes.

Iowa has:

A very solid run blocking O line
A solid back
A decent defense
A good kicker
A really shaky, nervous QB who plays tight and cannot exploit defenses throwing CB blitzes.

what's that old saying about "kill the head and the body will die"? :rolleyes:

I am sometimes dumbfounded by how bad JVB can be sometimes, especially for a 5th year senior. At least he got a TD pass today. We just need more plays that keep the defensive backs 20 yards away.

I am sometimes dumbfounded by how bad JVB can be sometimes, especially for a 5th year senior. At least he got a TD pass today. We just need more plays that keep the defensive backs 20 yards away.

No doubt, Minny had no fear of getting beat deep, at times they had almost a 5-4 defensive look when it was a down and distance when Iowa might run.

No doubt, Minny had no fear of getting beat deep, at times they had almost a 5-4 defensive look when it was a down and distance when Iowa might run.
No worries though, JVB will get it figured out on the road. He's always solid on the road...:confused:

RUN THE NO-HUDDLE ALL GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MOAR NO HUDDLIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R u kiddin. jvb is already so wound up in high gear that he barely gets a 2 count before that ball is gone. Speed the game up any more and he's likely to just kick the ball out of B Ferentz's hands just anticipating what those 11 guys in the other jerseys are going to do to him.

No worries though, JVB will get it figured out on the road. He's always solid on the road...:confused:

It's unfortunate, I would like to say its the new O and he hasnt adjusted, but we are now five games into the season and he is nervous to throw the ball down the field for fear of making a mistake. Also, the WRs save his inaccuracy a lot of the time, I doubt if this is something that can be taught/acquired this late into a career.

Keep in mind I have spent a grand total of 15 months under teh hammer.

Also, isn't it cute watch Sparky try and come after me? Poasting meme pictures? Child please.

Look pal, you know you're #1 in my book, but teh Sparky is a solid laffy hombre.
#enjoybothofyou

It's unfortunate, I would like to say its the new O and he hasnt adjusted, but we are now five games into the season and he is nervous to throw the ball down the field for fear of making a mistake. Also, the WRs save his inaccuracy a lot of the time, I doubt if this is something that can be taught/acquired this late into a career.

He clearly does not understand teh GD offense. FWIW, few of the WR understand it either.

My opinion is this (I'm watching the game right now for the first time) but we look like the old Hawkeyes. Sound tackling and the holes we opened up today at times were huge. Sure it's Minnesota but since this is a young team and we just lost to Central Michigan, it makes me optimistic, not so much about this year (maybe the rest of the year) but going forward.

R u kiddin. jvb is already so wound up in high gear that he barely gets a 2 count before that ball is gone. Speed the game up any more and he's likely to just kick the ball out of B Ferentz's hands just anticipating what those 11 guys in the other jerseys are going to do to him.

Nah, I ain't kidding at all....
CAPSLOCK ALWAYS = Seriousness....

Nah, I ain't kidding at all....
CAPSLOCK ALWAYS = Seriousness....

capslock3.jpg

Latest posts