****Northwestern Predicitions****

Iowa 23
N'western 16

NW will have the ball at the end deep in our territory with a chance to tie or win.
Good thing I will be at the game and won't have the risk of throwing my remote through the TV.

Just as caveat, here is a fun stat that I haven't seen mentioned here.

In the second half of the MSU and PSU games, NW has been outscored 63-10. They gave up a game winning drive against Purdue, and needed a last second miracle to beat a Minnesota team that even Washington State fans think is bad. They're not a good team. They have a better record than Indiana, but this would be the bigger upset.

If Iowa doesn't turn it over, and doesn't shoot itself in the foot with penalties, Iowa wins. Simple as that.

No way Hawks look past NW this time. But even so, NW moves the ball early, and scores, but at least one sustained drive ends in a rain soaked ball and interception in our red zone. Our D Line wears down NW's weak O Line in the 2nd half. ARob, nice and rested, runs all day, and Stanzi hits Reisner time after time. 42 - 17 Hawks.

-Final: Iowa 30 NU 16

-Halftime: Iowa 14 NU 13

-First half, Iowa has a turnover that leads to NU points. Iowa makes halftime adjustments and holds NU under 100 yards in second half.

-And Yes, with the weather, I do see a missed hold or kick on a PAT. Im with Rittenberg on this one.

My sister and in-law are NU grads and after sitting next to them at Kinnick last year, I can't take another freaking loss to the pussyCats.

Another stupid close call game that forces me to drink too much whiskey

Iowa 13 - Northwestern 12

(ok, i'm half kidding about the score, but i think it will be close and not very high scoring)

Hawks get an early lead and while there are some nervous moments, they stay in control most of the game.

Iowa 34
NW 17

I think Iowa wins. I don't care if it's by 1 point or a hundred just as long as the W at the end of the game is in Iowa's column.

ARob and Coker roll...combining for 230 yards and 3 TDs. Running day with rainy conditions. Iowa 23 NW 14.

30-17 but score is much closer than the domination of the Hawks appears. Iowa 185 yds rushing 215 passing. jNW held to 240 total yds. sloppy and cold.

Merkles makes a lot of $ off Hawkeye fans drowning their sorrows and talking "what could have been".

NW 24 - IA 21. (Ebert doesn't drop it with 14 seconds left.)

if its rainy and cold, i see us running them into submission with a close final score that really wasn't all that close of a game
24-20 hawks.

we might even get a pick six this game with the bad weather and a miscue on a slant.

Latest posts