Northwestern in 2nd place...what the *ell.....Official Iowa @ Northwestern Game Thread

No plan B? Did you not watch the 2nd half when we started taking it to the rim? A game plan of leaving the other team wide open for 3s can only be a good game plan in hindsight. It was this time. If we would have shot 50% from 3 Collins would have looked like an idiot.
Scouting Iowa...on the road.... it was the plan. Perkins can get it to the rim but would have been easier with hard screens low

He's not Garza but he's a vital cog to our offense. He's been a double/double machine all yesr.
He has been a key cog no doubt. We need a post player. But his effectiveness has a diminishing returns rate depending on the touches. Some matchups are better then others for him. When he's grabbing offensive boards and putting them back and finishing off of being setup by a driver he's great. But when he's one on one with a defender he's hit or miss at times. And as we saw with if teams double him it really seems to affect him

He has been a key cog no doubt. We need a post player. But his effectiveness has a diminishing returns rate depending on the touches. Some matchups are better then others for him. When he's grabbing offensive boards and putting them back and finishing off of being setup by a driver he's great. But when he's one on one with a defender he's hit or miss at times. And as we saw with if teams double him it really seems to affect him

He schools younger players but doesn't do well when teams double team him when Iowa isn't hitting their outside shots.

He schools younger players but doesn't do well when teams double team him when Iowa isn't hitting their outside shots.
Yea thats the problem. Not hitting outside shots. If the plan was to stop Flip at all costs, leaving wide open 3 point shooters, Northwestern ran it to perfection. And in hindsight, it worked. Collins would have looked pretty stupid if we lit him up from 3 and his response was "we just had to stop Flip".

He has been a key cog no doubt. We need a post player. But his effectiveness has a diminishing returns rate depending on the touches. Some matchups are better than others for him. When he's grabbing offensive boards and putting them back and finishing off of being setup by a driver he's great. But when he's one on one with a defender he's hit or miss at times. And as we saw with if teams double him it really seems to affect him
You could be talking about most of the players in the Big Ten.

Willing to put a cup of coffee and a pastry on this projection?
I dont think you'd want to lose that bet. Iowa is not advancing more than one game in this season. And if they slide out the rest of the reg season, they wont even get in.

I dont think you'd want to lose that bet. Iowa is not advancing more than one game in this season. And if they slide out the rest of the reg season, they wont even get in.
Yeah, well I didnt think they would stink up the Kohl Center as bad as they did when I put this wager forward, and I know the Indiana game will be an absolute ass whupping...........but, I offered, and I probably have a Starbucks gift card somewhere in my wallet that may still be good, and I am willing to have faith until the final dagger................!

Chris Collins spends half the game outside the coaches box and on the floor

File:20150303 Chris Collins.JPG - Wikimedia Commons

Such a nasty call when the replay showed that it was a 10-second violation

Still wouldn't have won the game by any stretch

Nasty work by the zebra, Fran does need to dial it down a touch or two

Chris Collins spends half the game outside the coaches box and on the floor

File:20150303 Chris Collins.JPG - Wikimedia Commons

Such a nasty call when the replay showed that it was a 10-second violation

Still wouldn't have won the game by any stretch

Nasty work by the zebra, Fran does need to dial it down a touch or two
Yeah. Only a “touch” as far as I am concerned.

Latest posts