***North Florida Game Thread***

Fran pissed about lack of d intensity in huddle on last three possessions

images

Again, you may have to go back to Settles playing days to find the last iowa point guard (Andre Woolridge) who can finish at the rim like this.

Andre had a way of driving in among the trees and suddenly putting up a basket. My friend Jimmy and I were
talking about that last night.....

:cool:

Nunge is starting to play with more confidence. His jump shot looks pretty good, although I thought he forced a couple quick ones. At the very least he gives Garza room to operate inside. I would like Nunge to get in their and get something around the basket every once in awhile.

I don’t like the way Fran does the full line shifts in these games. It’s not realistic to how we will play in the bigger games. I’d like to see some different guys play with one another.

JoeT is showing some impressive improvement game-to-game. In his first games, he was trying to do to much every time he touched the ball, drove into double-teams, shot quickly...typical freshman stuff. He looked SO much better tonight: looked to run the offense, NOT dribbling into double-teams, keeping his head on a swivel. Young guy is growing up in front of our eyes, MUCH quicker than anticipated. Perhaps most importantly, he also showed quicks on the defensive side...we may have found our defensive guard stopper, ala Clemons...and boy, does this team need THAT.

Latest posts